Replacing pads & discs?

dplovin

Reaction score
How easy is it to replace pads and discs am just doing the front for now and the rears next month, I have looked for a guide but am on me iPhone an it's a pain in the ****.

Anybody?

fronts are easy peasy.....for the rears you will need a piston rewind tool as the piston "screws" back and forth rather than pure axial motion.

Depends on your ability really, its not a hard job just make sure everything is clean when refitting.

Harder than a oil change, easier than a cv joint imo A lot easier than a cam belt.

I had to use impact screwdriver to get three of the retaining screws out the other one I stripped then had to drill out. The hardest thing is to undo the bleed nipple what a nightmare that is. Whole job ain't had just annoying.

bleed nipples are always a worry and they are only brass.......i always wire brush round them first to get rid of any cr*p that may increase friction then give them a squirt of WD40 30mins before i try to undo them.....so far no issues (touch wood).

bleed nipples are always a worry and they are only brass.......i always wire brush round them first to get rid of any cr*p that may increase friction then give them a squirt of WD40 30mins before i try to undo them.....so far no issues (touch wood).

You dont need to touch the bleed nipple when doing disks and pads.

you're right there! my mistake....i was getting caught up and excited with the talk of nipples! :jump: