Pre-facelift leather seats in a facelift car?

Fahd

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've found a nice set or Recaro leather seats for my facelift A3 (which currently has the drab stock cloth seats) and was hoping you could answer whether or not these would be a direct fit? from what I have read the rails should be the same so this shouldn't be a problem.

However I was also wondering will there be any issues with the side airbags that pop out of the seat? I have these side airbags in my cloth seats and I can't determine whether the pre-facelift leather ones also have these? did all A3 seats come with those side airbags? I don't really want an airbag warning light on my dashboard...

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer. Cheers.

My pre facelift A3 has leather seats and has the side airbags in them if thats any good for you?

Reactions: Fahd
Just to clarify. Are you fitting prefacelift recaro's or prefacelift Audi leather seats?

My pre facelift A3 has leather seats and has the side airbags in them if thats any good for you?

That's certainly helpful, cheers. I'd assume they all have those in seat airbags on the sides then? Can anyone else also confirm this? the seats in question are out of a 1999 A3 1.8t. I assumed they were made by Recaro but I could be wrong. I know the leathers in the Golf Mark 4 which look pretty much exactly the same were made by Recaro.

Mine a 2000 A3 1.8T and its got full black leather, they're not the same as the Mk4 ones though. Have you got a picture of the ones you're after and I can tell you if they're the same as mine or not?. my cars not around at the minute to grab a snap.

Oh there's nothing to say mine are made by Recaro, I've never seen any Recaro's in any A3.... only S3's :)