More running problems help needed

macpdm

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I was having some poor running/idling problems with my AUM engined A3 1.8T which (I thought) was solved by fitting a new temp sender.To be fair the car has been driving better and no more hunting whilst idling but today I have noticed yet another problem. When accelerating the car feels like its holding back then will suddenly surge ahead as if there was some kind of blockage its not violent though. Thought I had resolved the problem for now anyway still no warning lights but do I have a boost leak or something else ?

Thanks all

Faults codes?

<tuffty/>

Nothing im afraid but im hoping to find somebody with vagcom as researching on here throws up the possibility that it could be the DV or N75 valve or a boost leak somewhere ?

Anybody have vagcom in or around Cheshire ?

Last edited:
Pipe from under the inlet manifold to the crankcase breather? Get your hand under the inlet mani with the car running, wiggle the pipe, if you hear hissing, it's split. Or check vagcom block 32, lol.

Pipe from under the inlet manifold to the crankcase breather? Get your hand under the inlet mani with the car running, wiggle the pipe, if you hear hissing, it's split. Or check vagcom block 32, lol.

Thanks bud I will have a look.Just got in the car to go pickup my daughter and it stalled on me then when I restarted it I was pumping the throttle and it was doing nothing.I managed to finaly get it to rev and parked it up again ?

Another shout out to anyone who has vagcom and can help me out please.

Just download VCDS Lite and get a cable of EBay mate..... Nowhere near as good as Vagcom but you can fault find....