Found my rear end knocking........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
Evening chaps.

Right, about 4 weeks ago i let my mates fit my coilies, they had them fitted before i managed to turn, was a bit ****** off but hey ho, anyway, since then ive had a few problems.
The latest one is a rear end knock on the passener side, so back from hols today i went about finding, found it straight away, the bottom of the rear dampener where the hub and link connects to was loose, tried to tighten it but its just spinning, phoned audi up and ordered a new nut and bolt, the thing is the drivers side only has a bolt and bolts into the hub, the passenger side goes past the hub and into a nut.
Is this right? Does anyone know the bolt and nuts part number as the stealers wernt too sure and theyve dropped ******** before with me with parts been wrong.

Well thats what i thought, the bolt should go through the drop link, them the damper and lastly into the hub. Stealers said it went throught though and into the nut, theyve even gave me both part numbers. Anyone got etka? Haha

I've got a 2001 AMK and I've changed the rear dampers (4 times actually because I had to keep sending the poor quality weitec dampers back), and the bolt definitely screws into the lower part of the rear hub. This is the same for both sides. When I first changed mine I threaded the thread in the hub, thankfully it was only about 4 groves that were threaded and my mate was able to re-tap the start of the thread for me, but if I had of ruined the thread and therefore the hub I would have tried using a bolt and nut.
I doubt it would be a snug fit though, hence your knocking. Hopefully the hub thread is ok and they just lost the original bolt, otherwise you'll need a new hub or need your current hub re-threading.