S3 Price, is this a good deal?

I

imported_Stewart

And for my second post..

Read my last post here first

to recap :-
My mate wants £15k (my car and £8k) for his MINT 2001 facelift (X plate with an S3 private plate), in black with 26k miles, FASH, Full black leather, auto dimming mirrors, BOSE upgrade...

So is this worth it or not?

Cheers

i don't know the value of your car - but i guess you do so...

But 15K cash seems a high price to me - its a year too old.

Based upon the mileage adjustment, this is apparently the book price...

Stewart, it all depends on what your values at, but 15K is way OTT IMHO

I have yesterday sold my 2002 51 plate Noggy with 32k, BOSE, mirrors, RS4s, warranty for about the same figure to another forum user

Unless you're desparate to shift yours on, be patient fella and look around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/10_1_114.gif

Ended up selling my '02 S3 (very high spec) 30k miles for £15,250.00........

Stewart - Trek and Shagga's car are superb examples of S3's.

Trek too ages to find his car i remember because it took me a while too and i read all the posts about his and another guy's search for a the perfect Noggy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Shagga's if you've seen his pics is also a minted example and 02 plate to boot.

Again i'd say its too much but i don't know how you value your car. I'd be saying £14k at a push closer to £13.5. But no way would i pay 15k. I felt that i paid a little too much for mine, but not many examples up in Scotland so i offset the travelling costs too.

Its easy to jump in with your heart - but there are examples around (eg two above) which offer much better value for money. Sit tight and grab thee a bargain!

No I haven't put an ad in the ATrader yet, just here and pistion heads. I'm in no rush to sell just yet. Anyone in the market for a noggie with silver leathers pm me.

i have!!!

he is collecting it tomorrow!

What i was asking above is 'whats my cut' if i sell yours through MY advertising???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif