Fmic is there only one way to position?

camscockle20vT

The stigs ugly brother
Reaction score
Hi all, would people that have an a3 or s3 be able to post there pics as iv not seen many diffrent places people position there fmic ,or is it just be glad itl fit where it does? Thanks.

fmic is called front mount for a reason m8

do you mean the pipes coming off it?

Lol yes the front is the first place i would of thought but i mean height and weather people cut the bumper alot or if its posible to keep the fog lights and yeh the position of the pipes to do this. Sorry for not being clear, thanks

this is mine. not to everyone taste but i like it. bottom cut right out to get max air flow onto pipes and core painted black to blend in a bit more

DSC_0378.jpg

before painting black
15.jpg

This is mine, loosely designed around the fitment that tufty researched. It takes advantage of the lower rounder part of the bumper to house the intercooler pipes. You need exactly 63mm alloy 90 deg pipes. Any bigger doesnt fit, and theres no room for silicone down there either.

1e2d79ad.jpg

This is how it fits...

494a275b.jpg

Fits perfect on both sides...

c6a8762a.jpg

5c5d55f2.jpg

And the bumper fits with no mods...

9754d5b1.jpg

Although ive obv painted it now...

37a7e907.jpg

DSCF0018.jpg

picture of my fmic where jay's pipes one going over the engine mine cuts back behind the fmic and down the passanger side so no pipes are seen in the engine bay the pipes are 63mm so fogs carnt stay with mine

Its an ebay intercooler, with modded endtanks to suit the S3 mate.

SYVO, engine bay pics ?

i've been looking for a way to hide the pipes in the engine bay but just seems to be a lack of room for the pipes to go

i have a a3 1.8t, not s3, with the tokyosport (think thats the one) fitted upside down and looks real clean, pipes are straight, fogs are out but looks good.

SYVO, engine bay pics ?

i've been looking for a way to hide the pipes in the engine bay but just seems to be a lack of room for the pipes to go

here is an engine bay pic you carnt see the intercooler pipes as the one that goes over the engine backs onto its self from the fmic so the pipe goes round the back of the intercooler and down the side where the pancake pipe is and routed to the turbo that way.

24062011240.jpg

here is an engine bay pic you carnt see the intercooler pipes as the one that goes over the engine backs onto its self from the fmic so the pipe goes round the back of the intercooler and down the side where the pancake pipe is and routed to the turbo that way.

Did you manage that with the pipes in the kit or did you have to buy extra??

I think i would go over the engine bay, yes its a bit in your face unless you paint them black but it does cut out the pancake pipe.

i didnt fit the intercooler was fitted when i bought the car mine does connect to the pancake pipe think it looks tidy rarther than going over the engine bay.

what intercooler would you guys recommend that would hids the pipes behind the bumper?