Good trade in price??

remslie20

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Looking at trading in the A3 s-line 140tdi s/b for a Q5. My car has full service with last two stamps independant garage. It has 57,000 on the clock. Cruise, black leather and i pod connection in glovebox, also has armrest. It's a 57 plate. All alloys are kerbed and it has some light damage to front, Audi says that the bumper and two wings need replaced although i'm sure they'd just repair the damaged parts! It's due a service and MOT runs out in Nov so will probably need new front discs and pads. Audi are offering £9250 plus the two spare oem front wings that i have in exchange for a £36000 Q5. I know it's not the easiest car to put a price on but does anyone have an opinion on whether this is a good/bad deal? Audi say they'd put it straight to an independant dealer so i guess they are making some profit off of my car.

Thanks in advance

Sounds a good price to me. I doubt you will get more from them if thats the price they have given......but
Get them to pile on the things to the Q5 that dont cost them much, thats what i recently did. I couldn't shift them on price but i did get them to add autglym life shine, GAP insurance and an extra years warranty etc. That would have cost me a extra £1k but it cost them 2-300.

Is £36000 a full or discounted price? If its discounted all depends on how much, it all comes down to the old cost to change scenario

I guess its hard to price your car because of the damage, all depends how much it costs to repair, this must be considered for any deal. Look around at broker prices for the Q5 and assess your situation.

Cheers guys. Along with the £9250 they are offering roof rails for the q5 along with a boot mat and fitted cruise control. The q5 is a s line special edition 2011 4 months old with 4000 miles in sepang blue!! It looks awesome but the only thing that's putting me off is the fact it doesn't have the three way climate control as I'm thinking it'll bring back the temperature wars I used to have with the missus in our old car, she's too cold and I'm too warm etc. Most of these cars seem to be specced with this poverty climate setting which I find crazy when your talking about a 40k car new!

Most of the Audis I see either 2nd hand or ex head office have crap specs. I saw an S3 BE with no electric mirrors ***. It was £32k 2nd hand!

There are things I expect on a premium vehicle, and the A5 3.0TDi is the only car I've seen with a consistently good spec. Hence why I ended up buying new again to get the right spec. Makes me laugh that you buy a premium vehicle at inflated price tag yet EVERYTHING is an extra. Yet it still shares parts with a skids under the skin.

Yeah this ones the managers wife's car hence why it's for sale after only 4 months. You'd think he'd spec it better as other than the two grand paint job it's bog standard! Sepang blue is a beautiful colour though!

Yeah this ones the managers wife's car hence why it's for sale after only 4 months. You'd think he'd spec it better as other than the two grand paint job it's bog standard! Sepang blue is a beautiful colour though!

It is, very nice indeed. Makes me wonder if Audi place capped limit on what their staff can spec on company vehicles because all ex Audi Head Office cars seem to have low spec.

So that's the deal done. Not the sepang one but a 60 plate ice silver s line special edition with 12000 miles and the following spec:

Adaptive xenons
LED interior light package
3 zone climate control
Storage package
Elec heated/ folding/ auto dim memory wing mirrors
High gloss exterior package
Climate cup holder
Black Milano leather heated seats with electric adjustability Nd drivers memory
Auto lights and wipers
Power operated tailgate
Bang &'olufsen sterol
20" special edition alloys
Tech pack-high so sat nav HDD 3G with all the gibbons
DVD playerMMI & AMI
DAB radio
S-tronic
Audi hill hold assist
Advance parking system
Cruise control
Phone prep low with Bluetooth/ voice assist

Along with usual standard spec. End deal was £9800 for my car including me supply the spare front wings I had in exchange for the q5 with roof bars and load liner included in deal along with six months tax. I'm happy withethe deal. Pick up next week all going well!

Can't wait!

Last edited: