0-60's

Or DSG; just 'man' gears using a real stick shifter!! :racer:
Does it count if I change using the stick instead of the paddles, Warren?...
And one of the reasons the bikes are sooo fast is that they do more than 60 in first lol...

Ok.. When I get home, I'll take my laptop out and give it a try on vcds.. I might even get my mate to film my hilarious launch control technique...

You have a prefacelift in suzuka grey :jump:

Pics please!

wesley, how was that recorded? using iphone or VCDS? i need to get someone to do a VCDS log on mine.. i want to know how fast it is!!!

I've kinda got "VCDS" mate, just about works on mine so might work on yours too :laugh: if you wanna give it a go one day.

Lol! i know with my luck well get CID behind us, Well defo do this though! hopefully before i go away on the 13th. :meeting:

You quoted my confession. I guess that's it for me then! :laugh:

Text if you want to do it though mate, before or after you go away is cool for me.

4.37 on a 2+ S3!! FM - i hope thats an official 1/4 mile time rather than a VCDS or "f'ing about with my mates Timex""!! Thats mental for a 2+.

I know a good spot on road leading to factory which is not used during weekends in Slough area so good for London boys. we used to practice wheelies etc on bikes there, had trouble with police once but only because one of our m8s had way too loud exhaust. cars should be fine and its like a mile long...

wesley, how was that recorded? using iphone or VCDS? i need to get someone to do a VCDS log on mine.. i want to know how fast it is!!!
Was a friend with a stop watch keeping a close eye on the digital speedo. Not had chance to do it through VCDS yet!

Geez you can't be running std clutch. Mine (OEM) wouldn't put up with that!!
was a new clutch just before Xmas! Just about holding out but is going to need upgrading as it slips after a couple of fast starts!

4.37 on a 2+ S3!! FM - i hope thats an official 1/4 mile time rather than a VCDS or "f'ing about with my mates Timex""!! Thats mental for a 2+.
Was running my race map with millers octane booster mixed in!

Only thing is speedo can be out by unto 10% over read. Mind you, I'm not sure how accurate Inters timing is as I was consistently 1/3 sec slower in the left hand lane!

Only thing is speedo can be out by unto 10% over read. Mind you, I'm not sure how accurate Inters timing is as I was consistently 1/3 sec slower in the left hand lane!
Its one of them things mate! we'll never know! it feels quick though haha:w00t:

From Dynolicious (mounted in my bluetooth holder in the armrest!), 2010 S3 SB S-Tronic with Revo S1 Map using launch control:

4.48 Sec

Not bad? :)

Some ****** strange times here leads me to think these cant be accurate !! I mean +12% bhp with revo stg 1 giving over +20% reduction in stock 0-60 :)

I think you all need to do what the bike world did years ago and do 0-100 figures to sort the men out from the dervs:) 0-60 as we see here is just not really practical when .5/s might be over 10% error.

Last edited:
I spent my usual Friday Morning sitting in Audi service waiting area...5 weeks on the trot now :) and reading the Audi magazine the new 300bhp A6 has a 0-60 of 4.7 !! It must weight twice an S3 and is a second quicker to 60 than a S3 manual.....work that out.infact its quicker than a revo stg 1 S3........and its a huge great bus ?

I spent my usual Friday Morning sitting in Audi service waiting area...5 weeks on the trot now :) and reading the Audi magazine the new 300bhp A6 has a 0-60 of 4.7 !! It must weight twice an S3 and is a second quicker to 60 than a S3 manual.....work that out.infact its quicker than a revo stg 1 S3........and its a huge great bus ?

bet its been measured on dyno rollers;)

My guess is DSG, most likely 330bhp standard (audi are conservative) and thats a peak bhp figure, where does the turbo spool? Where is the peak bhp/torque figure on the curve of power? etc etc

A Focus RS is quicker than an S3 on paper, on the road i can assure you its is the same; slower from standstill!

I downloaded the Dynolicious app today (jailbroken iphone) and have set it up but i don't know what to put in the weight part on my car? its a pretty standard mechanical setup sportback 2.0 TDI 140... anyone know what i should be putting in for weight (kgs)
i tried it out quickly but the only stretch i had to test it on (standstill to full boot) i was only able to get to 54mph and it said i got there in about 8 seconds... I'm thinking it would correct this when i put in the weight properly?

For your car ash book kerb weight says 1320kg, being a sportback maybe add a few kg for the extra doors and components id say 1350 then add driver weight to total.

Wesley - no disrespect what so ever matey, but i'm disappointed it WAS actually with your mates TIMEX!!

Wesley - no disrespect what so ever matey, but i'm disappointed it WAS actually with your mates TIMEX!!
Actually it was one of them big square watches that double up as a universal remote control!!!

Reactions: JamesS4cab

no mods.

Tested it three times. Definitely feels like 2.9!! But I'm sure a dynolicious would confirm if I cared that much :D

Launch control, DSG equivalent. Does it everytime so long as the road isn't covered in gravel - tried it once on marbles - v funny, but you need to grab an armful of opposite lock!

Can't do it more than 4 times without drivign to let the gearbox temp come down.

Downloaded that aDyno app no idea how to do the inputs for it though (losses, weights and all the other thing it asks for)