Petrol Usage!!!

audi_a3_turbo

Reaction score
Hi know this is a hard question to answer but my car seems to be costing me so much in fuel over the past few months so just wanted to check with you guys as to whether you would feel this is too much.
I have an audi a3 1.8T (AGU) with remap. I put £40 of petrol in the other day clocked it and only got 200 miles out of it?? I havent been driving around with a heavy foot either as I cant afford to anymore.
Just seems that Im forever at the fuel pump filling up!!! Its costing me £20 for a day and a half usage to and from work and thats when it gets to below the red!!!!
Rant over,

Rob

Remember fuels up by 23% this year , i did 307 miles for £54 last week did the figures (don't do this a lot but its a good way to health check your car ) and it came in at 34.1 mpg about right for a 20v non turbo

my fuel was £1.31 per litre so £54 equals 41 L x 0.22 Gal and divide the answer into 200 anything over 30 -32 sounds about right mixed driving check your average speed on the MFA bet its lower than you think between 30-40 normaly

Sorry for the long answer

short answer

"Cost of fuel is hitting every one , if you fill up by cost EG £20 each visit your geting a fifth less than last year = five visits instead of four " your MPG sounds about right to me

Rob

Hi Rob, getting 200miles out of £40 ain't too bad. 29Litres going in roughly, 6.38gallons, you're averaging 31mpg.

It's just the silly fuel prices that are emptying all our pockets :(

okay thanks for the replies guys. Its like they are forcing everyone of the road with the price of fuel!! I struggle to make it in to work by the end of every month. Glad to know im not the only one.
Thanks again everyone for your replies.

Rob

My cars pretty much standard, I get 70 miles for £20, that's round town tho, it's a bit of a
Pain in the *** but alot more fun then a work van, defoo need a cheap run about tho :)

Mmm sounds about right for £40 around town. I bought my car on Friday and i've already put in £135! Mind you i did foot it abit! but went to manc on sunday and got 227miles from half a tank on cruise control!

I find using monetary values like "£40" isnt very accurate as the price fluctuates and you get different amounts of fuel each time.

I always brim my tank, then you can accurately calculate consumption by working out mileage and litres used, because its always being filled to the same point.

I use fuelly.com to keep track of the data and it gives you a nice visual representation of whats going on.

I've been getting 170 miles to £30 recently but that is a mixture of town and out of town driving in a 1.8t

iv been using Vpower and have been getting around 100 miles out of £25 with mixed driving, allthough my thermostat does need changing

Its like they are forcing everyone of the road with the price of fuel!! I struggle to make it in to work by the end of every month. Glad to know im not the only one.
Feeling your pain even with a diesel. Not getting the 50mpg I'd thought I would!

i fill up when on quarter of a tank and that costs me £60 in tesco 99ron up to now ive used half a tank and done 170miles i was doing this to test how an evo 8 mr would compare on fuel and its roughly the same i maybe get a bit more lol.