My first mod. Grille conversion

Dannyhall

Reaction score
Ok so finally pulled my finger out and did my single grille conversion!

4ba1e855.jpg

How i baught it, originally twin grill but got the dealership to put the ABT mod on, but soon got bored after around a week, and decided to go for the conversion!
6b274a4c.jpg

This is it after it's fitted, looks great on the ice silver! One slight issue is the original 03 SE fog grilles won't fit although i'm certain the bumper is off an SE 05-08, it seems to have a ledge in which the fog grille gets caught on, any ideas?

First actual MOD by me, looking to chrome it out and try and fit a SATNAV on the interior along with some RS alloys.

PS. Ice silver Bonnet and bumper with ABT for sale.

Reactions: MurdochA3
Hello mate, further to our PMs..... your split grille fog surround will fit your new single grille bumper. They can be quite tricky to snap in place though.
When I had the same bumper as you it took me about 10 minutes to re-fit it when I took it out. In the end I had to get strong with it and it went in.

Just to be 100% sure, if the part number of your surround is 8P3 807 681 then it is fine and will fit your new bumper.

Yea, do you like the outcome? I'm very pleased with the chrome on silver, next the exhaust tip and wingmirrors! They just seem to catch on a ledge sticking up so i'm debating wether or not to try gring them down slightly by 3-4mm and slot them in, if not i'l buy some new fog lights, i'd prefer the actual bulbs to finish off the look anyway, the surrounds are temporary.

Yeah mate, looks a lot better than your old bumper with the ABT grille.
And yep, would look better if you had fogs instead of the blanking grille/surround. Look on ebay, the standard/sport fogs that you will need are quite easy to get hold of.