Loss of power

Rick.S3

Reaction score
Hi had my audi s3 225 remapped 4 months ago after it was done it felt rapid as hell but now i drive it it doesent feel the same really plus there seems to be more of a hissing noise coming from the passenger side area . Has anyone got vag com that they could check my car or test drive it for me ? Im based in gainsborough lincolnshire but will travel to lincoln or doncaster or surroundings. Thanks for any info

Sounds like a boost leak, check your smic to throttle body hose, also wip off your front bumper and check the lower smic boost hose. Your checked all vac lines? Im based in barnsley and can scan your car if your passing mate.

check your boost hoses mate, thats where the problem will be if its hissing on throttle

Hi thanks for the replys lads . Ive spent a good 2 hours today looking at all the pipes including the terracotta hose and all seems fine .The only thing that worries me is that the oil breather pipe that comes from the cam cover seems a little blocked up would this be anything to worry about ? Thanks

Almost definately a boost leak mate. I'm in the same boat as you, car got remapped, felt rapid, gradually felt worse with hissing getting louder and louder.
I checked most of my hoses several times without finding anything but then last night i flipped my DV round as the high pitched squeek was ******* me off an noticed that one of the 2 pipes coming off the main pipe just after the turbo had a major split. Split was underneath so not obvious.
Still trying to find part no/name/size if anyone can help? (2 pipes coming off just after turbo and one goes to DV, what's the other one?)
Bodged it for now and is a million miles better.

Broken hose = eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Last edited: