Vibrating Bose Sub

pazaz

Reaction score
Ive slagged off the Bose system in my car for some time now. It always vibrates a low frequencies which really /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif me off!

When cleaning in the boot yesterday, with the tunes pumping, it was happening /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif.

Knowing that a Bose system should surley be able to cope with this amount of volume & bass, I decided to investigate further.

After holding the sub speaker grill firmly with my had it stopped /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif I tightenend the bolts and /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif its sorted.

I take back everything ive ever said about the Bose system, it now sounds like it should /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Only one problem, I cant get at all the bolts to tighten the last few. There seems to be somthing covered in a padding which is zip tied in place, behind the rear lights.

Anybody know what it is and how to remove it for me to finish the job?

It's the central locking pump, and the only way to get to it is to remove a lot of trim (rear speaker panel, boot panel, boot lip panel). Can't you use one of those clever right angled adapters (the solid one not those stupid flexible ones) for an electric screwdriver to get to the torx screws?
If not, my stealth sub instructions detail how to get to the sub.
Cheers, Andy

i have a CD player next to the sub. when i play anything basey (even Madonna-American Life does it!) above about 18 on the volume, the CD skips /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif