Hazard lights flashing randomly

jammy84

Reaction score
Hi i have ran a search but cant find the exact answer im looking for

2004 a4 1.8t

Every now and again the hazard start flashing when the cars parked up and i realised when this problems there, the interior map lights stay on too. Also the remote central locking doesnt work when this problem is on. To fix it i need to press the hazard lights to turn them off then lock the car manually with the key.

It is getting annoying. Is this just one problem or others too? They all happen at the same time. Is this the common hazard switch fault? Is the hazard relay on the back of the hazard switch itself?

Ive had this intermitantly too. Can go months without happening, then randomly do it 5/6 times in a half hour journey.
My theory its a collision sensor somewhere playing up.
If car was in a crash, would it turn hazards on, unlock doors and put interior light on for you? I dont know, but sounds possible.
Every time I decide to investigate further, it fixes itself, until the next time and winds me up again!!

hi can any one help hazards keep going off i change c.c.m also light switch hazard switch had all door wiring check still going off only way to stop them is turn lights on and off spend