Gear Leaver Disaster...HELP!

Sevv

Pushing the limits..
Reaction score
hello guys didn't know whereto post this / tried to find an existing to post though couldn't find any. recently got a Momo Nero Gear Knob on eBay MOMO NERO Shift Knob NERBK1 - eBay (item 390282482716 end time Jul-20-11 09:17:45 PDT)

though it doesnt seem to fit, they say its universal but when i took the OE knob off it wouldn't fit at all with the 3 screws as it was a push-down unlike the Momo one which was none moveable, so just wondering if anyone has had such an issue. quite sad as i paid 125$ which is quite allot for a knob heh..

please any help would be so appreciated, ill try to get sum pictures

Last edited:
that should work. i after all have a pool ball on mine! if you lift the gaitor there is a metal clip round the plastic, remove this and lift the knob off and if its like mine you will be left with a straight bar which the momo knob then fixes on using the grub screws.

i think he means the gear knob wont push down so carnt engage reverse.
i think?

need clarification on this onethen please OP. It should work fine as the push down mechanism is in the base of the lever so is nowhere near the knob

true steve but they do do push down gear knobs and no push down so the gear knob must have something to do with it

yes you are right , i have picutres now to show you guys , sorry for the late reply as i had to pick my sister up from the airport justr came from UK...

DSCN0401.jpg
DSCN0400.jpg
DSCN0399.jpg
DSCN0398.jpg
DSCN0397.jpg
DSCN0396.jpg
DSCN0395.jpg
DSCN0394.jpg

as you can see from the images, i dont know if its my model or everyones not expert , though the black plastic cylinderical object slides up and down with the spring inside it and at the top there is sum sort of plastic as u can see in the images and a Star bolt holding the spring down from popping out. when i try to install it im failing miserably , i tried to remove the transparent jelly like plastic at the top and the tried to fit it didnt work even tried to take the hole block piece of also didnt work so as u can tell quite quite a let down , also knowing i wont get a refund ..

it looks different to mine so can't really advise so much. i think pic 4 is the solution and you will have to make it work somehow. sorry can't be more help.

if you bought it off the net and they stated 'universal, fits all cars' then that comes under the 14day distance selling stuff and they legally have to give a refund i think. plus discription is misleading

can anyone show me there;s by any chance and can i change my gear stick itself, im willing to go the extra mile as ive already had an argument with th eguy telling him he mislead me.

https://www.partslink24.com/pl24-pa...session=0000aKGwRjRW8UMKk3herhX1Lwu:13nrgtrh5

hey guys this is an exact link to my shift selector for those interested quite different then the older one with part number: 1J0 711 117E

with 1J0 711 117 A as a replacement making it worse off for anyone trying to change knob. if anyone can help or has done modification to their knob and has a similar shift selector, it greatly appreciate. prawn thanks also for the images you have sent me matey.
gearshift lever

Last edited: