RNSE Decode

jonnyf

Reaction score
Hi guys ive previously owned a B5 and ive just got myself a 55plate tdi s line and a RNS-E to go into it! :D but it needs decoding as it was from a salvage vehicle anyone know how to do this?? Any help appreciated cheers!

When you say decoding, you mean it needs the pin code to enable usage?

Yeah thats what i mean ive bought it second hand lol

Goto audi fella, least that way you know you & audi only have the code, it doesnt cost much tbh, £30-£40 even if its a 5 minute job.

it seems a bit of a rip off considering they are supposed to have it on file anyway, is there no other way?

How you figure that, you bought a unit 2nd hand & the code would be provided to the original owner with the car usually foc on proof of documentation, I see no reason why thats a rip of as you're not the original owner.

i see your point but someones already paid for it why do they need more ha!

lol, stop being a tight ****, I'm sure you got it allot cheaper than the £2.7k audi want for them now, so its small change fella :p

a hell of a lot cheaper yes! nope i refuse to give audi the money haha! got a mate who works there to look into it for us now ;)

If you have an audi tech mate, he can get it in 30 seconds flat.

it can be decoded with a disc but at your perril i did mine when i bought it from a salvage yard but i was warned when i did it i could end up with a very expensive brick! I think what the disc does is forces a down grade then the code apears at the bottom of the screen its the last four digits. i did mine but would never recomend it as nige says dont be tight and ruin it over pennies as replacment,s aint cheap.

Yes there is a method, but as nutty says, its not worth the risk, well put it this way I'm not gonna advise someone to possibly brick there unit lol