A3 2.0t Q oil pressure

gussyldr

Reaction score
hi all my mate got his cars clutch changed and the pepole in the garage said it needs 2lts of engine oil so we put 2lts mobile 1 esp 5w/30 oil now his cars showing oil pressure light so we checked the dipstick and that was fine then on the way back to the garage it started making a weird sound like theres no oil in it so we got it recoved waiting on the garage to inspect it 2mro. i just want to know what do you guys think could be making the oil pressure light come on??

Last edited:
2lts sounds very low to me!! i think its more like 4-5 ltrs oil on oil changes, i'm not too sure on that but 2lts sounds very low to me.

Especially considering that i have to top up a litre every 6months or so!!

2 litres is not enough.

You need 4.5 to 5 litres.

From min and max mark on the dipstick its 1 litre.

Sounds to me like your friend needs a new engine!

Oil pump could be dead or on its way out I guess, that'd give you low pressure with a normal dipstick.

also he told me when he takes the dipstick out with the engine running its sucking in air from the dipstick hole and drops revs and sounds like its misfiring? is it normal for it to suck air in through the dipstick?? and sound like its misfiring until he puts the dipstick back in? any ideas lads???

Why would the people in the garage be checking his oil if they are fitting a clutch and not servicing the car ? is the car regulary serviced as some 2.0t has problems with the oil pumps going,the car should blow pressure from the tube i would have thought like it does from the rocker oil cap ?,if the dipstick is saying full but there is no pressure and its sounding like no oil it doesnt sound good,any signs of oil anywhere else in the expansion bottle etc or any lost under the car from anywhere else maybe?