Strust brace as standard??

Yes it was standard. Black with half circlular fixing arms.

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, just wonderin if S3s come with a strut brace as standard? cause I bought mine second hand and there's a black strut brace, not sure if it was Audi who did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Early S3's like mine did not have the strut brace as standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I have one sitting in my dinig room waiting to be fitted though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

oh mistake. all the ones I looked at did but then I was looking at facelift models so this must have come in from 2001.

My S3 is an early model (1999) and mine came standard with a strut brace.

[ QUOTE ]
My S3 is an early model (1999) and mine came standard with a strut brace.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know of another pre-facelift S3 with the strut brace standard, but it's a Dutch car so maybe it was a standard item here.....

A sturt brace will reduce body roll, and I would say that if you upgrade the rest of your suspension then a strut brace would be the next thing to do......but whilst the brace will assist on high speed corners I have a feeling that on the tighter turns you may well see understeer occur sooner.

Thinking about it, the S3's had a suspension change at the time of facelift, so I wonder if the lower end was sligthliy stiffened and this is why the brace was added as standard equipment. So it could be that you would see different effects on a pre and post facelift S3.........

Just a thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

humm, ok fair enough guys, maybe it does a wee bit for the car "body roll", but I'm just thinkin more along the lines of. it's more worth while to fit suspensions rather than anti-roll bars, but the two are perfect companions /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif