2.0 TDI Sportback ordered.......Now the wait!

ginner

Reaction score
I ordered my car in the first week of Jan.......How long will I have to wait im already going crazy!

Anybody else order during this period?

Gin

Rang up the dealer today and he informed me that they dont ring customers to keep them informed of the build week etc.

I was a little disappointed to say the least!

[ QUOTE ]
Rang up the dealer today and he informed me that they dont ring customers to keep them informed of the build week etc.

I was a little disappointed to say the least!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds strange....... I ordered mine 20/11/04. Dealer called me late December to advise that mine was week 04 build. He called last Tuesday (week 04) to say the car was at checkpoint 5 (assembly), then again last Friday to say the car was complete. This Tuesday I got another call to say that it was on the boat and on its way to the UK. Pretty reasonable service I thought!

Sounds like excellent service Jimbo, unfortunately my dealership dont do this. I am thinking of writing an e-mail to the manager, but dont want to rock the boat as my car may be delayed or something.

Hi,
I think we have the same delivery period here in Romania. I ordered the car on the 14th of January and I have been told about an 16 weeks period (for the 2.0 TDI).
Does anyone know if the DSG on 2.0 TDI has the Launch Control option activated ?

Hi AndiTDi, Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Unfortunately the TDi does not have the launch control.

My dealer kept me informed of the stages of my new sportback. Sent me a letter confirming week build, then rang me every time there was a new development i.e. in build, after build on the boat in the UK and finally delivery to them.