Roof aerial seal

Poke13

Reaction score
Website
www.jcwsdesign.com
Hey guys!

Was just hoping to pick your brains a little.

I am concerned about a few problems with my S3 including the drivers door window (common problem think its the clip) and the seal on the roof aerial.

The seal is falling apart and just looks a mess and could potentially leak into the car.

Does anyone know how to remove the aerial or how to replace this seal?

Thanks in advance

Jonny/Poke13

think the screw is under the rear light in the roof lining IE the rear passenger roof light mine needs doing but will probs just reseal it while it on the car

Yeah thought this might be the case, have looked into it a bit more and again as usual its a bit of a minefield!

Theres some people saying use a repair kit, others saying just get the seal off ebay, and some using genuine audi parts (although some say they are discontinued now! Typical!)

Got to ring Audi anyway about service so may get put through to parts dept and enquire.

Any further info appreciated :)

I bought a new ariel last year and it wasnt an exact replacement as it was slightly smaller so had to polish out the mack from the old one before i fitted the new. Its not that difficult (it cant be i managed to do it)

Try VW and ask for a Mk4 Golf one is Audi cant get you one, they're the same :)

I heard ebay is the place to get them but at least if you go through the dealer network its gonna fit.

Cheers for the replies guys yeah VW may be the way to go if I have no luck with Audi, I would rather know its the right part that I'm fitting.

As always any further info/images would be great.

Am I right in thinking its a case of taking the rear interior light panel off and theres the aerial cable and a bolt holding the aerial in place?

I think so.

I also remember seeing something about the seals being quite tight straight out of the packet. Chuck it in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes so its nice and stretchy/bendy.