Econ light stuck on, G65 pressure switch

TheBigUn

Reaction score
Re-post from the A6 forum....

ECON Light on, G65 High Pressure switch electrical connection
My ECON light is on permanently. It's been like that since the bumper was loosened for a minor paint job and a front parking sensor replacement. I suspect it was disconnected or damaged during the bumper removal. I've located the G65 sensor on the side of the condenser under the right hand headlight and traced the wiring back under and around to the right hand bumper support but I cant seem to locate where it connects or is supposed to connect to?

What does the connector look (or feel) like?

The wire is quite tight so I suspect it may be trapped or disconnected? As I've got hands like shovels it's hard to get in and feel around. (I removed the right hand fog light grille to get access) If anyone can offer any help or advice or a diagram or a picture I would appreciate it.

I'm hoping it's not going to be another bumper off job.

TBU

First thing i would try is see if the g65 is connected ..... maybe buy another one only 15- 20 £ or it could be the gas has run low.... try someone that can recover the gas and see how much is in if its below 100 the econ light will not function so refill the gas and see how you go..

Thanks