My wife's poor a4 :o(

OldRedEyes

Reaction score
Sadly my wifes A4 has been driven into by a **** in the local pub carpark.

She drove in, and he reversed his Ford Ranger straight into her.

It's ******** the o/s rear door, back panel, alloy wheel and ripped the bumper half off and left a nice crease in it!!!

I have seen the CCTV and it shows him clearly doing it, but he has now spoken to his mummy and is saying it was my wifes fault!!

Now, i am sure when i passed my test, reversing out of a parking space didn't mean that it was your right of way, and had it been that she didn't see him reversing out, surely he would have had to be moving before she got to him, which the CCTV clearly shows he wasn't. He did have his reversing lights on, but that means nothing.

He then had a go at her on the phone and didn't want to give over his insurance details. I had to be restrained by 2 mates to stop me going round and 'having a word'

****** off to say the least

But i suppose we will have to let the insurance companies fight it out and judge the CCTV footage for themselves

Clearly his fault. He was joining the flow of traffic as it were therefore the onus is on him to do so safely. A mate of mine pulled out of a side road onto a main road without checking properly and clipped the side of someone else - insurance decided it was his fault without even thinking about it. He'd already admitted as such, but still...

Wouldnt worry about it as said it will be his fault. You have right of way, even if he doesnt accept liability his insurance will :happy:

clearly it seems his fault.........BUT be prepared for his insurance to play silly buggers as it was on a pub carpark so classed as private property not public highway.

my brother parked his car on a pub carpark and this bloke reveresed out of his spot across and into my brothers car completely pushing drivers side in, we saw it happen as did the cameras, he argued he wasnt giving his details so we called the police as we also thought he was over the limit and would have drove off, they turned up and did nothing as said it was private carpark and he claimed he was just moving his car out the way beofre going to get taxi......wtf???

then his insurance company played up as they said was private land and tried 50/50? ...how with a parked car?

it took my brother over 6 months to get anything from them and think only worked be because he had legal cover on his policy, as he said he couldnt have afforded to take him to court otherwise....you may not have problems but just thought warn you

Unlucky mate. My missus had a RangeRover reverse into her in Tesco's carpark. It took approx. 12 months for us to get the claim to go through after the other driver went AWOL, and we had to take him and his insurance company through the courts with help from the police etc.

So goodluck with your claim.

Really does my head in when it's obvious whose at fault, but people still try and deny it/turn things around in this day and age! Everyone is out there for themselves, there's no 'friends' out there when money is involved, and everyone knows a claim on your insurance means a hike in premiums for the next 4 years, on top of paying the excess and losing 2 years NCB.

first off, glad your wife is ok, cars can always be fixed or replaced, yes he is in the wrong, i feel his insurance is in question as he was reluctant to give it, from my experience people like that are not insured to drive the said car, not saying the other cars not insured, but maybe the driver was not, look out for the named drivers details on the others statement at a later date,

Cheers for the replies guys

Hopefully it will be sorted soon, as she is fully comp, so i would imagine we will have to pay the excess for now and claim it back if he is found to be at fault by the insurance companies.

If he is not at fault and i cannot claim back my excess, then let's just say, i know where he lives :whistle2:

he is out a fair bit in my local, so next time i see him i will be ripping him a new ******** in front of everyone either way, just for what he said to the wife on the phone, what a C unit

Can't offer much advice just words of good luck that you get it sorted with out to much hassle.

Any chance of posting the vid on here? :)

Not good, glad your wifes ok though but she shouldn't have to put up with abuse on the phone. It will get sorted but just takes ages!!! Good luck and keep us posted.

well it looks as if we are going to buy it back and fix it ourselves, we know the car well, so it would be a shame to loose it

Get a copy of the CCTV as it will prove everything
Just remind the guy the whole lot was captured on CCTV then see what he has to say

Sadly my wifes A4 has been driven into by a **** in the local pub carpark.

She drove in, and he reversed his Ford Ranger straight into her.

It's ******** the o/s rear door, back panel, alloy wheel and ripped the bumper half off and left a nice crease in it!!!

I have seen the CCTV and it shows him clearly doing it, but he has now spoken to his mummy and is saying it was my wifes fault!!

Now, i am sure when i passed my test, reversing out of a parking space didn't mean that it was your right of way, and had it been that she didn't see him reversing out, surely he would have had to be moving before she got to him, which the CCTV clearly shows he wasn't. He did have his reversing lights on, but that means nothing.

He then had a go at her on the phone and didn't want to give over his insurance details. I had to be restrained by 2 mates to stop me going round and 'having a word'

****** off to say the least

But i suppose we will have to let the insurance companies fight it out and judge the CCTV footage for themselves

Sorry to hear about this mate, know exactly how you feel and it really does depend on how much info you gathered at the scene and also how reliable your insurance company are.

Average turn around on these things is 12-18 months!

When some bloke rear ended me i almost knocked him out i was that ****** off,i actually sat in the car for a few minutes cooling off, then got out and remained calm. i wasnt ****** off so much about the car, but the prospect of having to fight it out with phone calls, letters and stress for the next 12 months.

The lad that hit me was only a young, new driver and he was clearly in shock so i just reassured him (whilst gathering all the evidence i could). Fortunatly he admitted liability and my insurance were pretty good at sorting most of it for me, took just over a year before i was compensated.

Last edited: