Suspention bits for the Quattro.

markthenewt

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

So I am about to order these coilovers...FK AK Street Coilovers Kit Audi A3 8LQ Quattro Sport | eBay UK I hear it's best to change the top mounts too. Which ones would you recommend?

Also I am running the standard Quattro wheels and keeping these on... they are 225/45/17s but want to get some spacers to give it that wider stance. What spacers do you think I should go with.

Also going to change the dogbone bush too, but should I go with a red one or a diesel one?

Car is a 52 reg (2003) A3 Quattro 1.8t sport.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
leon cupra r top mounts ive been told are better than stanard a3 top mounts you will need these all round also a pair of bearings for front shocks.

fk coilovers.

rear tie arms if going any lower than 10mm which you probs are.

check the front wishbones also if you drop it 60mm as the arb may catch and may have to change this to avoid it catching

Cheers Paul.

I think I will just go with the Audi ones as I will most likely end up getting the wrong ones and have to send them back so If I just buy the Audi ones I know they will fit first time with no messing about.

The ones I linked above come with the bearings or do you mean some other bearings?

I'll take a look into the rear tie arms.

I won't be going really low as I will be running the standard wheels mentioned above but I shall take on board what you have said.

Dave thanks... so I only need to buy a pair of top mounts just for the front and don't need them for the rear or do I need some different ones for the rear?

Do you have any rear tie arms for sale? If so do I really need them for my Quattro? I think I read that Quattro1 has not needed to use them on his car.

Red dog bone bush ordered :)

there are mounts for the rear but are different to the ones you have shown they are for the front so you would need that kit plus some other mounts for the rear tie arms are a must rearly as you can't correct the camber when you start to lower the car without tie arms you can run the car but the tyres won't like it

Cheers Paul all taken on board mate :L Had a change of plan and putting this on hold now while I get more important stuff sorted on it :)