Creaky centre console...

Kriminal

Reaction score
So, it looks like I've finally welcomed myself to the wonderful world of creaks!

It's the centre console - the plastic where the ciggie lighter sits. You can definitely tell if you were to squeeze the area where you can stick yer change (next to the ciggie lighter).

I was in fact pressing the plastic around the whole of this area, including the area that the handbrake sits in, and that's a bit on the creaky plastic side too.

Anybody else get this, and are there any simple solutions ?

I have this TO!

WTF like i noticed it today when i drove with the music off, Noticed it more after fitting my armrest. No solutions yet and it is when i push the cig lighter.

It's amazing what a bit of carefully directed silicone spray can achieve if directed in the right place - need to tackle the drivers bucket seat with this :icon_thumright:

Before the silicone spray I cured this in my s3 when I had it with a simple solution.

Obviously switch the car off, put your finger into the cigarette lighter and pull it towards the handbrake. You will feel it move very slightly, squeeze the side and if it's the same problem I had it will magically have solved itself!

Hope this works for you as it saved what is left of my hair!

Before the silicone spray I cured this in my s3 when I had it with a simple solution.

Obviously switch the car off, put your finger into the cigarette lighter and pull it towards the handbrake. You will feel it move very slightly, squeeze the side and if it's the same problem I had it will magically have solved itself!

Hope this works for you as it saved what is left of my hair!

Wow, thanks for that biggie. I'll be giving it a go Tomorrow morning, and crossing my fingers badly as it's driving me a li'l nuts at the moment.

Thanks for the replies guys :icon_thumright: