AMI iphone users

Keef

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can use an dock extension cable to extent the AMI ipod / iphone lead?
As I would prefer to keep my phone in the armrest and not in the glove box.
I was going to spec the Bluetooth low prep but then I guess I can’t connect to the AMI?

I did post this under the ICE section but not even a sniff of a reply.
So any advice much appreciated

Cheers
Keef

Any one know if you get an aux in in the armrest in addition to glovebox AMI ?

Don't think you do - I would much prefer to
Have the Ami located in the armrest!

Audi Music Interface Steve.

Connects such things as iDevices, USB sticks and Hard Drives with music on to your stereo as well as charging.

Reactions: steve1719
Thanks. I pick up the car in a week so i will try and decipher those links then lol. What is the main difference between MMI 2G&3G?

Hi Steve – welcome!

To be honest I haven’t concluded this post as I don’t get my car till August (potentially September!)
Whilst I’m sure you’ll be thrill with the Audi - it’s my pet hate that the AMI is located in the glove box and not the armrest like some VW’s.
There must be loads of people on this forum that have AMI and an iPhone so don’t know what they do, but I don’t want to have to trail an aftermarket cable from the glove box to the armrest
or centre console.

I use to have a 2008 A4 S-line, at the time you had to spec the ‘phone prep low’ option to get a Bluetooth connection, this came with the connection plate in the armrest to fit a cradle.
If so, you can use the phone connection via Bluetooth without the need for the cradle
(which is probably a few hundred £ for the iphone from Audi)
The cradle is only for charging and uses the roof aerial for signal instead of the phone –
it won’t transfer music to the stereo.

Have you established whether your car actually has AMI?
The AMI was an option and not standard, if fitted it will be MMi 2G.
Also if fitted, make sure you get the ipod AMI cable included -Auid use to charge an addtional £25
for the cable!

Cheers
Keef

I personally dont see the point in paying the price for the craddle i just have my iphone via bluetooth and if i need to charge it i have a normal charger and plug it in the 12volt socket in the arm rest,job done £3.00 off ebay.With regard to the AMI i have my old ipod nano in the glove box and just leave it there never unplug it also have the option of a external hard drive but i dont use this.I also have a 16GB SD card that i use and i have 6 disc MP3 changer as standard so i have more than enough music options without having to trail a lead to the glove box for my phone to use the music.Just a few options for you to think about.

I changed my mind at the last minute and bought another car instead. So no 6 cd multi changer in the dash or AMI or aux socket in glove box or arm rest holder. What can i do?? (Sorry, but i am a noob to audi's).

I am thinking of retro fitting a 6 cd changer somewhere, finding the sd card slot (where is it??), and getting an auxillary connection installed into the armrest. Any easy ways of doing this??? Cheers.

There is an audi BT kit to use with ami so you can pair with your handset to stream music to the head unit if need be, £100 according to latest price file.

Just to update and close out this post
The cable quoted in my post from amazon
Doesnt work with AMI!
It charges but says no media found!

Just to update and close out this post
The cable quoted in my post from amazon
Doesnt work with AMI!
It charges but says no media found!