Forge Splitter DV

A3Tomlin

Drive it like you stole it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm thinking of upgrading my DV to something with a bit more... tsssssh =D I know that it's not to everyone's taste, but it would bring a smile to my face!

As I understand, since the air has already been metered, you can't just chuck it out into the engine bay. Thus, the recirculating valve. However, whilst looking at the 007P, I found this valve but can't find much info on it on these forums.

Awesome - Forge Splitter R Recirculating Blow Off Valve 1.8T

Is anyone using this valve? How is it performance-wise (do you ever run rich)? And perhaps most importantly (for the engineer in me), does anyone know how it can eject air and still be a recirculating valve?

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks!

TBH I wouldnt bother with a split-r, all posts about them are all about problems. Stick with the tried and tested forge 007p or a bailey dv30, I use a bailey dv30 with a panel filter & you get a slight tssssh on gear changes but you cant hear it outside the car really which is all good as I dont really want to draw any attention.

As said... 1.8t's are designed to be a closed system... Split-R's can cause engine running issues and any car I have seen using one has had issues...

Unless you have a remap there isn't enough pressure in the system to make a decent noise anyway... get a remap (if you haven't already), a panel or cone filter and stick to a 007p diverter valve... you will get more than enough tssssh to keep you and the engine happy...

These engines have enough problems with pipes and hoses for potential airleaks without introducing another one...

<tuffty/>

Fair enough, thanks for the info! Read a couple of "I have one and no problems" posts on LCR/TT forums, but I don't think any of them realised that it seems to only be recirculating 75% of the air and venting the remaining 25% so they must be running rich.

I'll go for the cheaper 007p and a filter then and hope to finally get the map done in a month or so with R-Tech.

Quick question regarding the DV spring: If I order a Yellow (supposedly for mapped engines), would I be able to fit it before mapping or am I risking damaging something if I can't generate enough boost to overcome the stronger spring?

Its the vacuum that lifts the piston not boost... you should be ok but if you start hearing a fluttering noise as you lift off then change it back...

<tuffty/>

I had a splitter and It was the biggest waste of money ever, I couldnt get it to sound right at all.
Ive now got a 007p, Forge TIP and Jetex cone filter, and it sounds amazing!

One question though, sometimes I get a "tssshh tsssshhh" dump from the 007p, and other times I get a "tssssshh"
Is this normal?

I had one mate and nowt but probs gone 007p now and it's alot better

ive had the forge split-r valve fitted along witha remap at amd. i didnt want something subtle. but hey thats just me :). and as of yet i have no problems to report

i have a 007p with K&N filter. don't think i have a remap, or at least not aware of one and mine is really loud! got knows why you want it even louder! can hear it in the car every gear change and when i let off accelerator. fit the DV wrong way round to make it louder (forges advice) which is what is what i did.