A3 8P1 - Boot Lock Part No. Please

Uber-Man

Reaction score
This is my 1st post so be kind.

In the 2 years I have owned my A3, I have never once heard the alarm go off, but the other night it started at 3am and hasn’t stopped since (not literally), just whenever the car appears to be locked, so now it remains permanently unlocked until I resolve the problem?!

My OSD constantly informs me my boot is open so I had a look and the lock mechanism appears to open, but not lock again!!! So my question is what is the part number for a replacement and is it easy to replace and is there anything else that could be affected. Also my rear wiper won’t work and not sure if this is because the boot is open or because it is also f***ed.

My Audi = A3 8P1 2004

Thanks in advance

Uber-Man

You have to remove the boot liner to see what the problem is. There are various components to the lock, as well as the lock itself there is a release lever, connecting rod and throttle control element (solenoid I think)

The wiper will not work if the computer thinks the boot is open !

Cheers, will have a look at it tonight. Any chance you know a good parts website when i can order it

thanks again for your help

Unless you are lucky and can find the bits on ebay then it's got to be an Audi dealer I'm afraid !

When you find out what bits are needed I can give you the part numbers.

thanks... i will pm you as soon as i know, i am hoping to have it sorted asap soi will get back in a day or so.

cheers for your assistance.