How2: 2.5 TDI Injector replacement.

How far with ops guide have you got?

I think it sounds like the rocker cover is off and you just are struggling to get the injector out after taking the clamp off?

Reactions: AvantQuattroUK
How far with ops guide have you got?

I think it sounds like the rocker cover is off and you just are struggling to get the injector out after taking the clamp off?
Yes, thank you ... that's where I am. I tried wiggling it and twisting.
It's not easy to pull it up as it's oily.
Is there a technique would you know?
Many thanks

Once you've taken the injector clamp out the injector should come out with a wiggle as all that's holding it in now is an O-ring further down the injector. If it's too oily to grip try screwing the diesel pipe back on a few turns and use that to give you some gentle leverage to get moving.

Appreciate an old post but believe the OP may be still posting.
Where you say removing injector gently from the head ... how is this done please?
Is it screwed in or push fit? I have tried both and it's not budging.

Many thanks,

Yes I'm still learking,

if you mean pulling the injector out from the head, my advise to you is as before, keep the injector pipe screwed onto the head, you can use the injector pipe bolt head to get leaveridge and place an smaller open ended spanner under up and pull up, but at the same time, place another open ended spaner that fits the stem of the injector and wiggle it about, spray plenty of WD40 down the sides and leave to soak in if need be, it will come out, its just a matter of pulling and wiggling at the same time, how much time is the question, there is a slid hammer tool that you can use if seriously needed,

Paul

When wishing to pull the faulty injector out, Chris Adams advised me to screw the injector pipe back onto the injector to give me more leverage on pulling it out as they can be stuck in there holes rather well, especially if they have been in there for a number of years,
2307bee5.jpg

whilst pulling the injector its advised to place a 15mm spanner at the neck of the injector and wiggle it a very small amount to help free it up,

Thanks gents .. I did manage to get it out yesterday. Lots of wd40 and a little pull/wiggle with pipe attached.
Next challenge is finding a replacement!
Euro car parts are out of stock of the Lucas one @ £172 less discount.
Bosch are £300 to £400+
Part number is 059130202F .. just need to find a good one now, preferably new.
Most on eBay look abused.