Milltek exhaust

Davemarsden132

Reaction score
Hi all im looking at getting a Full stainless steel miltek exhaust system for my Audi A3 2.0L TDI, reason for getting it is i want the car to sound louder, but not stupidly loud like you see but just a fair bit louder than the quite diesel car.

Will this system make my car louder?

MILLTEK HIGH PERFORMANCE STAINLESS STEEL FULL EXHAUST SYSTEMS FOR THE ULITMATE IN POWER AND STYLE. : Motorspeed.com : Best on Line Prices with Large Stocks and Speedy Delivery. An official stockist for 100+ Alloys, Alpine, Blaupunkt, BMC filters, Car

as in not a little bit louder but alot louder so it can be heard quite a bit away like at bottom of my road, (10 houses down) kind of thing

Cheers
Dave

alot of ppl like to splash out loads on an exhaust (miltec) however as its a diesel your better off either with a normal exhaust and no decat or a straight pipe which will make the turbo sound amazing

So you would suggest, a straight through pipe and maybe just an end box?

were can i get a str8 through pipe mate, would i be better getting a Miltek exhaust and changing part of it to a str8 through to decat it?

im getting a full milltek on mine fitted on tuesday will report on here what its like

if you can find a universal backbox that has no baffles inside (silencers) and then have a pipe made from the cat to the backbox removing your cat. that would sound good. or you could go all out and remove the cat and the backbox and have a straight pipe welded all the way to the end and then add exhaust tips of your choice. ( this methods called mufflerectonomy if you want to youtube it )

If i was you i would go custom and then you would be able to specify EXACTLY what you want.

For example i have been looking into it but i do alot of motorway miles and i dont want it to be loud while cruising, i only want it loud when i put my foot down

What do you mean by custom soz im not good with cars rly lol, u mean like custom str8 tru with custom bak box??

I mean a custom made exhaust designed to your spec from a reputable company in your area.

Costs around £350 imho and you can ask for how you want it to sound etc etc and what exhaust tips you want or if you want a de-cat etc

Its frowned upon but nothing bad can come from it.

Insurance should be ok....thats if you tell them:ninja:

for a TDI dont bother will miltek but if you do get the non res
but as above go custom where are you based ?

Have a travel up to sheffield and get yourself booked into exhaustuk ;)

i use exhaust uk loads iv known them even b4 they had this shop and know all the family personaly
and can get you a discount
but iv started useing a diff place still in sheff iv also known and delt with these guys for a long time and to be honest there work is a bit better and cleaner
e uk have a good name and got the new scooby contract and they seem to be letting the custom side down latley
dont get me wrong they are good but this other place is a lot better more time taken no rushing the lads anal about his work if you need a number pm me

i was going to geta custom one but alot of people / tuners told me not to..

1..millteks the best any way..

2.. bore size

3.. they will more than likely cut the down pipe to use the end that bolts to turbo.

4.. no point if the bore size is same as standard

i think you need to find a new tuner to chat to
miltek is just a custom exhaust with a good name to it
custom is custom made for you and your car your needs any bore you ask you will get
and any exhaust will be made to fit your turbo
tuners will recomend a custom exhaust

Last edited:
i have a turbo back milltek on my 2.0TDI i did the cat back first then added the down pipe a few weeks later, and its the best mod i have done.

just on the way to get mine fitted.....

just got back from 15 miles down the motorway and i must say im happy with exhaust.

revs alot better and not very loud i would of liked it abit noisey but im happy with it.