New Mats

way318

Reaction score
Hi, I was cleaning the inside of my car tonight when I got home from work and took the mats out so I could hoover inside the footwells and also the mats. But looking at them I deceided I could do with a new set, has anyone bought any recently or anyone recommend a good place to buy a decent set from.

Thanks

Im in the same position as you. I need a set of mats but i dont wanna buy a cheap halfords set that are gonna get owned after a few weeks. you have any idea how much the dealer is charging?

you have any idea how much the dealer is charging?

No I don't mate.

Its only really the drivers one that needs changing, but it would look odd if I just bought one new one. Thats presuming you can just buy one as I think they only sell them as complete set.

was at vw dealer today for some other parts and asked about mats, the fadric ones are £40 for 2(can't buy them separate), same story for the rubber ones but there £30.

will be using the site j8tt x sugested though. thanks

I managed to get Gen's from ebay for £15. very happy with that! Worth looking!

pulsb
Enter the code MCN, you get around £5 off which covers the delivery.

I would go for the "Luxury" over standard aswell.

Got a great set off eBay, complete with 'S-Line' embroidered on them - think they were less than £35 delivered.

I bought an as new oem set from ebay for £17. It's worth a look as mentioned.

At least you can buy them in pairs, £40 isn't 'too' bad for the quality of them I wouldn't say.

If got a front passenger side and both rear mats like new if anyone wants them!

Same here I need to replace the drivers side. I am going to the dealer though as I have a light grey leather interior and none of the ebay mats and likes seem to come close to matching oem colour.

Thanks for the replies.

I've just checked out the site J8TT X suggested (thanks by the way) and you can just buy the drivers side. But for only another £20 you can get a full new set, so looks like I'll be doin that.

Will also have a check on ebay to see whats around.

J8TT X - what are the luxury one's like?

Thanks for the replies.

I've just checked out the site J8TT X suggested (thanks by the way) and you can just buy the drivers side. But for only another £20 you can get a full new set, so looks like I'll be doin that.

Will also have a check on ebay to see whats around.

J8TT X - what are the luxury one's like?

To be honest ive not had or seen audi OEM mats so I cant compare the quality. When I bought my car there wasnt any mats so I just went for the ones at a decent price. OEM's from Audi and ebay were too expensive for me.

The company was recommended by a mate who bought some for an audi aswell.

I was expecting the "luxury" to be a bit thicker but maybe that was because my last car (BMW M3) had really thick OEM carpet mats.

Overall for the price I would recomend them, they are of a good quality, the clips fit in perfect, delivered within a week.

Just a quick question - will mats from a 2006 B7 fit my B6?

Reason for asking is that i've been offered a set and not sure if the profile of the floor changed from a B6 to a 2006 B7.

What like are they then? Any good? What like is the colour match?

In the same boat, but for my B7. Gotta be OEM for me though. And to the person above who asked in B7 mats will work in a B6, yes they are exactly the same.

And to the person above who asked in B7 mats will work in a B6, yes they are exactly the same.

It was me mate, thanks for letting me know.

Also what colour you after? The reason I ask is that if the set I have been offered is not the right colour for my car they may be of use to you or some one on the forum.

Also what colour you after? The reason I ask is that if the set I have been offered is not the right colour for my car they may be of use to you or some one on the forum.
[/QUOTE]

I am after a set in black or platinum grey if you still got them.

The lad selling them wanted £12 (inc P&P) for them so I asked him to send me some pics, but decided not to buy them as the driver side was worn were your heel sits (about the size of a penny).

But if you want me to send you the pics then PM me your email address and you can then deceide if they are any good for you.