3.2 V6 Emission control light on and info needed on brakes

brough74

Reaction score
The emission control light has come on today on a A3 3.2 V6 2004 8P1 any ideas or will it need to go on the diagnostic machine ?

The car still drives fine, i had this on my R32 years ago and it was a faulty sensor in the exhaust.

Also any ideas where to get some better brakes as when it was MOT the other day, it needs new pads and the front discs have a lip on them.

no idea on the emissions light, but as far as the brakes, stick to oem discs but if you want better pads go for ferodo DS2500's with some better fluid and braided lines will be your best option

I bet its a Exhaust sensor, prob a front lambda ie pre cat. you will need to diagnose it anyway to find out which one and to be sure thats what it is.s
My brakes ar 50k old now and i was told the disc's will need replacing soon.that was a year ago. Std disc's and pads should put you through the windscreen if you stand on them :)...mine do .

it'll need plugged in to diagnose the emissions light problem. as above, probably a sensor needs replaced. I had this on my a3 and it was an issue with the cat itself - new cat required