intermitent missfire

jemis

Reaction score
Hi guys just started getting an intermitent missfire today, I've noticed a flatspot for a couple of days when I accelerate just for a second then it takes off as normal so wasn't to worried but today hen I set off for work after a few miles when I booted it started to missfire quite badly but is running smooth under light throttle and a few times I booted it and had no missfire.

Is it likely to be a coil pack about to chuck its hand in or a sparkplug breaking down under load maybe ?
unsure as last time a coil packed in it just started missfiring and never stopped so different symptoms.
Cheers

I have been having this problem, i've got a 2001 AMK and every now and then when i'm WOT the needle hesitates or slows down for a second (or even drops back 100 revs or so) and then takes off again. It's intermittent, and was particularly bad when it was really cold weather a few weeks back, but still happens when it's warmer. I changed an intercooler pipe because it had a split on the inside and thought i'd cracked it for a little while, then it returned.

I had the complimentary coilpack change at Audi on thursday (they only did one because three of them weren't OEM and were "OK" apparently), and I haven't noticed any problems since, and i've done about 200 miles now so fingers crossed!!

could be coil pack then just out of interest are yours the bolt in type or the push in ones as some people on here have been saying they will only change the push in type and mine are bolt in ones