Swapping ECU on an AGU

Ian_83

Reaction score
I had my ECU mapped by someone local, but the map is tame. He took it out and bench flashed it for me. I want someone like R-Tech to sort it for me, but I was thinking id be better off replacing the ECU for an untouched one? The guy put in a socket to change the chips easier, but I don't know if this would stop them mapping my car, id hate to drive 200 miles just to be sent home :S. So can I just get another ECU, plug it in and have it work?

If you source a used one you wil need to overcome the immo, have you got vagtacho/vagcom?

I cannot see why Nick cannot remove the socet and put his own chip on there, he is good like that, and removing the socket removes a possible problem area

Fair enough, if he can do it thats great, I imagine he knows his stuff. Its not for a few weeks/months anyway, i need to source a new turbo first. I could probably get vagcom from somewhere maybe?

i have just done exactly this due to a damaged ECU. Used Vag-Tacho to find the pin code for my dashboard. Then sourced a new ECU with the exact same part number as my broken one. Fit this then use vag com to enter the pin code and then reset the ecu to ur car.

This worked perfectly for me, but it all depends on the dash and ecu as to what other problems come across.

I also just returned from R-Tech this afternoon, and they do a cracking job car is now totally transfromed so glad my ECU broke as otherwise i would have never thought to get my car mapped, as i was supposedly on superchips (which i wasnt).