Clutch switch changed but car still over revs

The only issue I have with it is I want to fit cruise and there's a fault code :(

I find it bizarre how everyone is suffering from over-revving, as the symptoms were totally different to mine. When changing gears in either 1st, 2nd or 3rd the car will jerk or dip, and the only way to resolve this was to apply slight throttle (quite a bit actually!), and cruise control wasn’t working i.e. wasn’t disengaging when clutch pedal is pressed.
Now that I have installed the new clutch switch and is adjusted correctly, everything seem to be working fine now - gear changes are very smooth, cruise control working too.

ive got a clutch switch coming tomorrow, was only 12 quid odd from tps so thought id give it a go, will let you guys know if i get any improvement, i hope so, haha.

Mine does this too and did it before I had it mapped so I don't think it has anything to do with the cars being mapped.

I'll change mine and see what happens, I might be lucky and it works but from what I have read here seems like it is just something we will have to put up with :(

You can log measuring block 66 i think and you can see it switching,,,mines switching fine, and still over revs every now and again...
Ive just learned to live with it now and put it down to a quirk of the car.....

All that logging stuff goes over my head lol but is something I must learn when I get a vagcom that is.

I just let of the revs a second or 2 before changing gear and it's ok then but when I want to rag it it does my nut in. Might aswell not bother letting off the revs while gear changing lol.

I have the same problem in my 1999 S3, my clutch switch is black, the one I replaced with with is also black. replacign it did nothign I still get the 'clutch switch signal implausable' error in VAG COM

I had no fault code. but I also had to take one of my switches apart and put everything back together properly before it would work.

Guys...

Have read all the posts above, and while i too have suffered with this problem mine (clutch position sensor) once replaced fixed the problem. It is a well known fact that 1 in 3 new switches are faulty, this information was given to me by two places, one by Audi (stealers) and the other by a well known tuning garage. If it were me I'd purchase 3 fitting each one till the problem disappeared, there is no way I'd be putting up with the over revs, I couldn't handle it when mine was like it, so god damn annoying it's just not funny.

I'm not sure how much the switches are as mine was replaced by said tuning garage when my car was remapped.

Good luck with your cars...sincerely hope you all get a resolution to what is one of the most annoying things about S3 faults.

G

It is a pain in the ****!

I changed mine for a brand new Audi OEM switch and it still does it ever so slightly, it is better than before though...

May buy another switch and see if it improves.

Have a look on R-Tech's website:

R-Tech remap offers and news

Some interesting reading re: surging and how they have managed to map it out on AUM/AUQ engine codes.

Could the S3's have a similar OE map / remapping issue? I have an R-Tech map on my AUM 1.8T and I have also changed my clutch switch for a new one - as I stated before, I have NO surging issues.

My clutch pedal snapped yesturday :(
just got my car back today and now i have the over revving problem which i didnt have before !
so its something to do the way the clutch pedal is or the clutch switch and how it sits.
it sometimes irratically over revs but then other times its fine. only drove it for 30 min tonight so ill see how it is againt tomorrow. :S

Did anybody manage to sort this issue out? Ive noticed mine does this. Completely standard AGU.

Glad im not the only 1 with this problem!! Changed my slave and master yesterday and mines started it!! Up to 1k between 1st and 2nd then drops off through the rest of the gears!! Its fkin annoying and i have only put up with it for 1 day, god knows how u lot have been living with it! Mines a 2002 bam with cruise and is unmapped so as stated above it may well be down to these faulty switches!! New switch 2mz so will post if it cures the problem.

Have you made sure the plastic stopper is still attached to the clutch pedal?