SAI pump resistor? 330ohm 10w?

coyle

From Show... to GO
Reaction score
Removed the pump, looking to order/ pick up my resistor.
Found the recommended 330ohm 10w ones for £3.50 on ebay.

Is there any alternative which would work as well i could get easier/cheaper?
Ive seen others used, but dont know if the work as well.

470ohm 10w from Maplin. 69p.

£3.50 is incredibly steep for a resistor..

Have you got a local RS next to you? Youll get the 330ohm 10w resisitors there for pennies.

Everytime ive done a SAI delete i havnt bothered putting the resistor in place of the pump. The pump simply gets a switched power supply from the battery through the relay in the black box in the rear rhs of your engine bay. The N112 underneath the inlet will need the resisitor though. All the resistor is trying to do is mimic the resistance of the internal coil of the device it replaces. The only reason you need it to have a good Wattage rating is so that it doesnt get hot when powered.

For my current S3 ive deleted the SAI pump and pulled all the wiring out of the loom, including the relay in the black box. Ive actually deleted the black box and relocated the ECU power relay in there, to inside loom conduit next to it, so that ive got a nice space for a catch can. Then i replaced the SAI relay with a 330ohm 10 watt resistor. That keeps the ECU happy.

ive left the N249 and N112 connected, i heard thats better than fitting a resistor.
ive got a maplins 2mins away, i'll pop in and get a 470ohm 10W tomorrow.