Remap r-tech or local revo

Turboman-a3

speed thrills
Reaction score
I spoke to a local garage jkm performance and after some explanation he said he could do a revo map £238 with a result of 190 bhp with rr and checks

I then spoke to r-tech as there so highly recomended on here an they quoted me £225 with there map and rr + checks but also told me that revo cannot be put on my year and engine (1997 AGU)
So now I'm confused lol with the rep that r-tech has il probz go for them

yeah i have the same problem, me being in ipswich the most local ive got is revo in norwich and amd in essex (thurrock i think?)

but i still think ill drive the extra for the r-tech map, especially as hes one of the few companys with a specific map for the k03s.

jordan

I have only heard good things about R-Tech, so if it was me, I would be tempted to give them a go......

If one of the very earliest A3's then your ecu would need physical chip, and cant be flashed.
if you have your ecu number this can be confirmed

I'm a huge Rtech fan, but equally I've been very impressed with JKM, and they used to be local to me when I lived in Portsmouth, so I've used them several times for different things.

that said, having had both Revo and Rtech maps, I think it's worth the trip up to Rtech. Aside from the map being very good, the customer service is great, and the future upgrade path is brilliant, with very sensible pricing if you return for map changes in the future.

Revo
R-Tech are good though

I disagree!

One thing I will say, in light of the past years of revo bashing.

revo in the S3 seems fairly impressive, with the ko4 it's not nearly so peaky as it seems on the smaller turbo'd cars. the power is good and it's held fairly well with the ko4.

With Revo on the ko3 (not ko3S, that could be different again) it's just far too peaky. You get a massive slug of torque at 3500rpm, but by 4500 it's dying off, and after 5k there's nothing left. it's like driving a tdi!

I should of added if it was my car...Nick

I have no reference to Revo, but i know Nick will do you a good job as he has pride in his work and will put you first.

its a no brainer....R-tech everytime!
The time Nick and his team spend checking/testing the car before touching the ecu, should make you want to go to him over revo/custom codes and such alike! his knowledge and mapping skills are second to none!
go the little extra and pay a visit to Nick :)

Another one for R-Tech (like they needed more votes :-S lol)
Great pricing, customer service and a nice smooth map :)