Newbie checking in!

manc_s3

Reaction score
Hi chaps, just thought I would stick my head in the door and say hello... been reading this forum for a couple of weeks. I bought a 2010 S3 S Tronic Black Edition and should pick it up next week. Will post a couple of pics when I take delivery.

Couple of quick questions ...

1) I see that its possible to retrofit RNS-E. Can this be done with BOSE?

2) I am looking to get a REVO map.. are there any issues with S Tronic and REVO in terms of peak torque. I have done a fair bit of reading on here about it but not really seen much mention of the s-tronic tbh.

Well, thanks for the info so far :yes:

welcome to the forum hope it helps you as much as it has me , with regards to your S3 very nice car good choice but i thought rnse was standard with late S3's i may be wrong tho

Welcome to the forum and congratz on the new car. Bet you cant wait to collect it.
As said sat nav and bose can be fitted. And i wouldnt worry about a remap and s-tronic gearbox Toby on here has a Ibis White S3 S-tronic last time i saw his thread he car was pushing out 360bhp+ and not had any issues.

Thanks guys. I will be looking into RNS-E then. Dont think its standard? My car is a July 2010 car if that helps? I dont even think its standard now is it? My local dealer has a brand new S3 just arrived in - thats the car I drove on the test drive - and that did not have the nav?

Will be looking into Revo over the next couple of weeks once I settle in with the car.

I assume you are all running on v-power / tesco99 etal.

Thanks guys. I will be looking into RNS-E then. Dont think its standard? My car is a July 2010 car if that helps? I dont even think its standard now is it? My local dealer has a brand new S3 just arrived in - thats the car I drove on the test drive - and that did not have the nav?

Will be looking into Revo over the next couple of weeks once I settle in with the car.

I assume you are all running on v-power / tesco99 etal.

indeed we are mate, yes my11 have RNS-e standard afaik... always run mine on v-power/tesco99 unless you get caught short in which case i will put around fiver super untill i find a tesco/shell :wacko:

with regards to DSG & revo, im pretty sure the S tronics can handle higher torque/BHP than the made from cheese manual clutch, ive done mine in 10k at stage 1 and its gone badly!

Sounds a bit better re the clutch - yes I was worried about the manual clutch but went for S-Tronic in the end as I am lazy and my last car had a super hard clutch so quite happy to get back to an auto.

Re the nav, dunno what the score is there - maybe it was an older car or something then - it had not been registered yet - they wanted £31850 for it. Other than leather it had no options at all. HTH!

Hi Mate

Get a trial on the REVO first, I have a nightmare with it with flatspots, and REVO have admitted to issues on MY11 cars, so if it's MY10 you may be OK

I am getting really bad hesitation/flatspots from about 2800rpm upto 6000rpm, so much so that the car makes you feel sick after a while.

I will be getting it taken off very soon when I get a chance/time, as REVO have stated that it could be a while till they come up with a solution.

Just giving you the heads up

Hope you enjoy the car when you get it

welcome to the site mate, nice spec you've gone for.

I'm guessing your a fellow manc!

Yep from sunny Manchester, people's republic of.

The full spec of the car is, Black Ed, Leather, Bose (std on BE?), Cruise, Parking Sensors, Auto lights & Wipers, S-Tronic, multispoke wheels (also std on BE?), heated seats, multi-function wheel, bluetooth, ipod thingy.

The only major thing missing is sat nav but looks like I can retrofit quite easily.

Only had a 10 min drive so far, the delivery driver did not get here till 6pm. Dropped him off at the station in the car - seems impressive! Considering its only 260bhp! It does go well, with a nice turbo shove up the back! How I missed that! The last turbo car I had was a WRX back in 2003.

Very happy so far :)