my facelift conversion

14ka2yr.jpg

s line badge added

Nice facelift. Hope to see more ;)
Change your light bulbs with Osram or Phillips they will be a major upgrade. I'm running with oem d3s philips

have you got oem d3s ballasts or aftermarket? would it make any difference?

A have 3 pairs at moment . aftermarket ones, oem audi and ford and mitsubhisi d3s.just deciding on which to get put in.so there aint no difference whichever u put in as long as dy d3s? If I remember correctly my bulbs are philips.have you put in plate xenons yet? Had a few issues with them.rear inners started flashing when the car was off and they had built in resistors

Hi mate, the first as you probably know are OEM bulbs- the ones that Audi would supply if you went there for a set. The second are just replica's of the OEM bulb, quality will not be as good - but they should work fine. They may not last as long though.

OEM light output is 4300k check the chart below as the second set you posted are 6000k so a better colour IMO match the LED's better, I'd give the second one's a try I'm sure a couple of guys have used their bulbs in the older bi xenon headlight

lempuskale.jpg

that y i posted them up.1st are oem quality but the 2nd may have a more better colour match with the leds but i think the phillips ones will be white like the leds.
hows your car doin rs? weres it at atm?
No updates yet pics will be up once ive got some more work done

saving the camera pics for the fiinished article...
if you can ever finishing modding these motors

Yes mate, that's pretty much what I said above :p lol.

Here's a lil sneak peak at my one, not quite finished yet but all put together... I need some S3 sills though, small bit of wiring and coding

facelift.jpg

Spent the better part of an hour trying to get that ****** S3 badge of the grill, but still couldn't shift it, back to the bodyshop tom for a few tweaks and they'll sort it then

looking good fella:thumbsup:
when your doing something like this the problem is you want everything all finished...exterior neway.
Have you decided on your roof rails yet?

Getting my wheels and drop sorted soon
Sending both cars in for a refurd and powder coat -got 2 quotes 4 150 and 190-ARE THESE DECENT?
Dont know on the colour yet or the drop
Has any one got any pics to help me decide???
xnclg6.jpg

10h156o.jpg

has any1 heard of hotstart and ecotune in relation to remaps and fixings issue with the car shaking when starting common issue on 2.0 tdi

Not sure about those mappers, never heard of them bro. Nice looking seat though :) did you get wheels and drop sorted?

When you say shake when starting what do you mean?

Not yet hopefully over the next 2 weekends going to try getting the wheels refurbed,powder coated and get the drop sorted...on both.
what setup have you gone with??? if you go 4 the s-line springs is it a matter of just changing the springs?
that seat was mine b4 the misses took a liking to it...I do take it off her hands at times tho...but i prefer my a3 by far
turn keys in the ignition and the front shakes for aprox 1-3 seconds....
have been told a hotstart can sort this out which involves a remap and the guy was saying he will do something like an ecotune which should help economy and the remap will focus less on increasing power..its all new to me so i thought ad get some more info

Well from what I have read most maps are pretty generic, if that's somewhat true then your economy map will probably be about 170bhp, 60nM plus on torque and claimed up to 20% fuel increase. I've heard of that tune to helps with dodgy start ups, but that was something to do with cold starts and the engine cranking a lot before firing up. This can be a couple of things, battery starter or maybe temp sensors.

The shaking I have only heard about when the car is idling in which case torsion valve timing or dual mass flywheel (if DSG) are usually the culprits. Actually come to think of it the remap was suggested as a cure for the shaking too, as when air con switched on it stops.... I;m not sure your problem is the same though. Sounds like your car starts fine but then shakes a bit before settling if I read you correctly? Or is it shaking on idle?/ When in neutral...

Last edited:
Its not shaking once the car is started. jus while turning the key...so you could be right
He has said if it does not fix the issue,.I dont have to pay...so he seems quite confident...he also has said he has done a few now so see how that goes
have you sorted your drop yet???

Teething probs with suspension, went on today with new cv boot and S3 brakes but having some issues with shaking when braking and steering wandering all over the place... Back down there tom to get rears on, so will sort it all then. Never simple these things?!

you do need to take into account it will never be the same as standard but if its the ways you are saying...then defo sumat wrong...
my cars stance is like a bus but i am dreading the lowered ride once i get it done

What year is this originally? top job though, the front looks mean!! :icon_thumright:

put some s line spring over the weekend...hapy with the ride and the back but front is not as low as the front...the springs were off a 3dr...mechanic told me the front will bed in...but they are old springs not new...do i just need to be patient???
Has anybody experienced this also...and what can be done

Just got some used v-max coilovers 150!!!!! yes 150!!!!
So will be getting these fitted soon to my car as the front has still not bedded in after a month thinking of a 45mm drop...or should i still wait???
Does anybody know if the s line springs are compatible with the seat leon mk II?
It is a sport reference which I believe has a 15mm factory drop...please correct if i am wrong i have forgotten most of the info on seats since the mrs has started to use the car

Was you car shaking when starting? mine has gone now but still shaking when idle making me think it could be somethink else?

Last edited:
What about the rs3 grill?
Have seen a few a3's with a cross mess grill which is that?

Yeah av seen the 1 she got...really like that mod
No pics just seen in the flesh with the car empty or I would ask
Although i may have seen some on here at one of the meets can't remember which exact car tho

New alloy colour
zyb8p.jpg

Car is now dropped by 45mm at front and 35mm at back need to take pics with new stance but has made all the diffence in looks
getting used to driving like a granny is the hard bit
Need some s3 side skirts now!!!
Then a can concentrate on the interior