Air blower increases power automatically?

R55 MRU

Reaction score
So i let the blower with the + and - to a relatively low pressure. after a few mins of driving it will increase automatically? anyone got any ideas as to why it does this? should it even do that?

I'd imagine its to do with the climate control, fastest way to bring a car to temperature is to blow hot/cold air with more pressure.

does it have any bearing to the heat of the engine? it might deliberately hold off until the system is up to temperature

tbh i use "auto" so i haven't noticed anything similar

As said above it waits till temp shows about 70. If you don't touch it then it tends to stay where it is, I like it just on two bars. So when the screen needs clearing I just use that dedicated button cos once you depress that it goes back to just the way you like it :)

my car also does this. Never thought it was anything strange though, just same as what's been said... getting it up to the set climate temperature

upon first starting the fan speed stays low until the coolant temp comes up (unless its really hot inside the car and you want it cooled down ofcourse) then it will ramp up to get the car up to temperature before ramping back down again.

Once fully warm if you adjust the speed it will USUALLY stay where you've set it, unless you've chosen a speed thats too slow to maintain the temp selected, when it will slowly nudge the speed up in order to maintain the preset temperature.