rearview camera installed + CC

Paul_S3

Reaction score
Needed a day with a handy friend to build everything in but it is working great. It is an original audi camera and kufactec interface & wiring.
I removed everything like seat, carpet trims. Started at 10 am - ended at 18.00. Thanks to a friend that is very technical.

P1030574.jpg

Nice one - i've been looking to fit one of these as my headunit has a "rear view" function - just never got round to it! I do like these though, the way you can have them in the light bulb holder is really good.

im guessing it wasnt coded in hence no lines perhaps? was it plug and play with the cam and loom?

it is fited in the light holder (plates) and lines are not possible. The VW system has it, but there was only one way to code this system and if I remeber the manual said no lines were possible. But because I have a black back window I didn;t see anything in the dark driving backwards.

I will try to make picture from the outside. Camera is really invisible and perfectly OEM. I Love it.

I am from Holland so that will be difficult:D It cost me 499 euro's not installed.
It is not cheap, but better than a cracked bumper :)

If you do the Lambo coding (or is it the R8? -I forget...) then you can get the lines, but they might not be worth a damn, since the turning circle -with reference to steering wheel angle- won't necessarily be ANYTHING like the same due to several factors including turns lock-to-lock, wheelbase distance, front axle CV joint flex limits... plus the camera angle and position AND focal length. -Change ANY ONE of those factors and while the lines may well appear on screen, the car would follow a different path in all but straight-steer conditions.

-It's still handy for checking that there's no kids/abandoned bicycles/trash cans behind you when you back out of the driveway in the morning, though!

Keith

its an excellent addition to the RNS-e but not really worth doing to anything smaller than a sportback is it?

whilst i think its definately not nescassary on A3 i have to say its quite trick... + well done for installing that yourself... wouldnt know where to start myself

My back window is very dark, plus dark outside and parking in a line every day in Holland with bikes everywhere, next to trees, where I have to park, it is a great thing to have on my car. I really see nothing through my back window when it is dark and I don't want to risk it and I think it is a cool mod our our cars. I didn't want to guess anymore if I could drive back that 5 cm extra, especially with my new rims for the summer I want to make parking as easy as possible with no risks :D I hate curbed rims and scuffed bumpers :) don't you?

I have to park close to the curbs in the streets here so sometimes it is important to knwo how far can back up to get it as close a possible to the curbs. I sometimes drive 3 blocks to get a spot I beleive in :D Yes yes, hopefully I am moving within 2 years to a home with a driveway or garage, but for now that is not possible. :D

My back window is very dark, plus dark outside and parking in a line every day in Holland with bikes everywhere, next to trees, where I have to park, it is a great thing to have on my car. I really see nothing through my back window when it is dark and I don't want to risk it and I think it is a cool mod our our cars. I didn't want to guess anymore if I could drive back that 5 cm extra, especially with my new rims for the summer I want to make parking as easy as possible with no risks :D I hate curbed rims and scuffed bumpers :) don't you?

I have to park close to the curbs in the streets here so sometimes it is important to knwo how far can back up to get it as close a possible to the curbs. I sometimes drive 3 blocks to get a spot I beleive in :D Yes yes, hopefully I am moving within 2 years to a home with a driveway or garage, but for now that is not possible. :D

makes sense then, i know how it is in Holland (well Amsterdam) and there are a lot of bikes!! and green stuff :eyebrows::ninja:

Doesnt the R8 have an extra module that gives you the lines?

I'm sure some guy on Audiforum.us got the lines working & claimed to have them recalibrated to be correct for the A3. Was bit tight lipped about details when Nigel asked about it though...

Where you based bro? How much would your mate charge, I may do this in the summer....

james warning192 has this on his s3 sport back that he fitted him self and he can't hold a screw driver to save his life lol but her did take all his trim out to do so .

he is in colorado doing his commercial licence and to log some air time as its cheaper out there .

he will be back end of feb/march

sorry for the stupid question but chris55 mentioned his unit has a rear view function? where will this be? settings? software version?

Ok mate, he's calling me tomorrow about few bits for mine so will mention it then