Anyone seen this LPG S3?

Still looks in good condition, and at that price and with it being LPG, someone is going to get a bargain, could probably do with a remap to lift the additional weight of what is already a heavy car.

Wonder how much an LPG conversion would cost, I suppose you would lose some boot space for the fuel tank but there is always the spare wheel well!!!

cat d or not, cracking car/price. lpg conversion would set you back under a £1,000 for a good system here in blackburn: not quite how things are looking nationwide.

yeah strange one really, it seems the conversion has/would de-value the car a bit so it def swings and roundabouts. But some performance and comfort cheap there!

Does anyone on here have a S3/1.8T with a LPG conversion, or do any of the gurus have any views as to this being a good or bad conversion. Given the rip off price of fuel these days might be a few A-S-N memebrs considering it?

LPG conversion did cross my mind today. Would probably enable me to keep the S3 when I come to get a house.

Well lpg is very high octane around 108 iirc but goes in as a vapour not mist, displacing the air so it will reduce the bhp and torque
it could proberbly be mapped for lpg though....

My previous car was 2.8 cabriolet which was lpg converted, i never noticed the power loss. lpg is a ******* in the winter months expecially when the temps are minus. cars really struggle to warm up in the morning so when they switch over lpg is never ready so cars stall etc however in the summer lpg is te best and its so cheap to run, i have been driving an lpg car now for 3 years and its the winter months that stress you out. also it goes down as a modification so your insurance will go up even if its installed by a recognised body. price of lpg has also shot up by 20p in 2 years

My previous car was 2.8 cabriolet which was lpg converted, i never noticed the power loss. lpg is a ******* in the winter months expecially when the temps are minus. cars really struggle to warm up in the morning so when they switch over lpg is never ready so cars stall etc however in the summer lpg is te best and its so cheap to run, i have been driving an lpg car now for 3 years and its the winter months that stress you out. also it goes down as a modification so your insurance will go up even if its installed by a recognised body. price of lpg has also shot up by 20p in 2 years

Was that the 2.8 bi-turbo S4 engine or normally aspirated? if turbo, did it feel any different to drive?

no it was the 2.8 v6 from the audi 80 cab 1996, you could never notice a difference only in winter if the car was cold

i was under the impression that lpg conversion were only suitable for larger capacity engines, hence why you see loads of v8 lpg conversions

Good car, I have never bothered about cat D.. and all that, you would be surprised what some of the non recorded cars hide underneath.

We are currently looking for an S3, and spotted an LPG converted one on Pistonheads.
I did a quick google to see if LPG suits an S3, and this thread appeared!
It is the same car, but is now for sale in Leicestershire for £4995.
Something does'nt seem to add up, will be interesting to see what his reply is to my email asking about location and price!

hmmm thats interesting. Dest there a few S3's for sale. I think you can be picky

Oh yeah, massive selection!
The LPG appeals to her as she currently has a 307 TDI which does 70mpg.

lol buy a derv fiesta if you want economy,s3 LPG lmfao

A freeking LPG S3 ha ha whats next a bio fuel RS4
Get a pushbike if your concerned about economy :laugh:

Finesse - motors running on LPG typically achieve around 70-80% the MPG running on LPG as when on petrol.

Haha, got agree with voorhees here, pretty obscene really. In my mind performance car and LPG is like an oxymoron, sort of defeats the point. If you want a cheap run about, get one, and keep your special car how the germans intended it - LPG free!

This'll make you laugh - I know someone with an LPG RX-8 !! ****** rotary wankel 9k redline performance Jap running on gas. They get about 120miles out of a tank, and their commute means they have to fill up every day - LOL.

Errr, hold one before you bite my head off!
The main reason for looking at it was because it looks tidy and is local!
I then started to wonder how an S3 behaved with LPG, so did a quick google and found this thread.
Anyone buying a performance car and worrying about MPG is buying the wrong one...

My S4 regularly sees single figure MPG, so I can assure you fuel economy means nothing to me :laugh:
The S3 would be her weekend toy, if we want economy we can use the 307 which does 70+MPG as that isnt being sold to buy an S3.
Hope that makes things a bit clearer!

Do you really think Im daft enough to buy an S car with MPG in mind? Gimme some credit :p