Replacement head unit in B5 A4 and the damn rear speakers.

mattius

Reaction score
Im trying to get a Pioneer 1200MP head unit working in my B5 98.5 A4, i have bose amplified rear only.
I've got the headunit working perfectly in all but the rear speakers.
I purchased the Autoleads adapter PC9-404 to try and get the rears working, i cant work out where the blue and white lead should go to enable the amp, if i connect it to a 12v feed (same one as the aerial adapter) i get the rears working for 2 seconds then they go off. Turn the stereo off and on and again they work for 2 seconds then off.

Any ideas?

Sorry yeah, it does nothing on the blue remote out (antenna auto feed) when i connect it to the ignition live it runs for 2 seconds.

Personally, i'd bypass the stupid amp and run them to the head unit.

Or, fit a proper amp and run all the speakers from that.

after burning my parrot car kit wiring last night, im giving up on the audi amp, i was trying to avoid any extra wiring as my car is nice and stock. but hey ho.

Wheres the best place to run new speaker wires to the rear? under the carpet down the sills?

Under the glove box and down under the passenger side carpet. Only 2 or 3 screws to remove from the lower trim and you can then pull the carpet out, stick the cables under the carpet and stuff the carpet back under the trim.

Remove the rear seat base and you'll find holes that go into the boot.

Remove the little amp from the passenger side rear speaker and wire directly to the speakers.

Or get a sub and do away with the rear speakers like I've done ;)

thanks guys.

if im doing that i may aswell replace the rear speakers, what size are they?

I *think* you have to remove the rear seat back and parcel shelf to replace the rear speakers in a saloon...

Not terribly difficult, but a bit more of a pain than it could/should be.

I'm sure someone else can confirm (and confirm speaker size too).

Is it worth replacing the speakers or are the current ones ok for an average system?

Wired in the rear speakers today and now have everything working, thanks guys.