3" TIP Results....

s3dave

TFSI Hybrid
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.stainless-engineering.co.uk
Fitted the 3" tip on Saturday took logs before...
Reset the adaptions and logged this morning.... an unbelievable 18 g/s gain...
I did notice it was in the last part of the rev range and started gaining from 4500 rpm
I have also noticed my injectors have maxed out so will have to be careful, but i need some bigger ones anyway so no biggy, and it will kick my **** into getting them sooner..
So very pleased as bill will be no doubt cheers:icon_thumright:

Nice! Is that on top of the 233 in your sig Dave?

well ive taken my boost controller off so it has dropped down to 220 g/s (bit worried im running lean without bigger injectors)
and it peaked at 238.3 g/s
need to get a mani sorted bigger injectors then i can finally go for my custom map....

Fitted the 3" tip on Saturday took logs before...
Reset the adaptions and logged this morning.... an unbelievable 18 g/s gain...
I did notice it was in the last part of the rev range and started gaining from 4500 rpm
I have also noticed my injectors have maxed out so will have to be careful, but i need some bigger ones anyway so no biggy, and it will kick my **** into getting them sooner..
So very pleased as bill will be no doubt cheers:icon_thumright:

results are in the range of 15-20g/s gains from what people are posting along side what I have logged myself..
its top end sustained torque which is occuring.. hence more power and more g/s where previously it would fall away when turbo starved of air...

Need to spread the word to TT folks too... its a k04 thing regardless of platform its installed in.

well done Dave.
glad you have witnessed it 1st hand to see it does what its supposed to. nice gains indeed

I did notice when the adaptions was reset it was like night and day, as i did not notice to much when first installed, but to be fair i never pushed it....(saturday afternoon traffic) so possibility of further gains when it has learnt its new lungs.....

you know the cost of doing this? way beyond my meagre means..
I am counting the days before someone copies it..

you see it here first tho..

Those are some good results Dave! Blimey, can't believe how much difference it makes! When you say reset the adaptations, what's that about?

So what's that MAF adaptation thing on our Liquid Gauges? Thought it was something to do with it.

No, thats only for use when you are using an oversized MAF tube. I.e. you have put the element from an S3 into a bigger tube to allow more flow.

Most of the liquid gauge features are worked out on air flow - thus it needs to be right for it to work properly.

That is some nice gain Dave. Did you buy a jetex filter at the same time or was that 18 g/s without a jetex.

Ive often wondered why my car feels a lot better when I reset the adaption stuff (log better flow and boost values), but after a few miles and its learnt everything, it goes back to lower values again, strange.

That is some nice gain Dave. Did you buy a jetex filter at the same time or was that 18 g/s without a jetex.

Ive often wondered why my car feels a lot better when I reset the adaption stuff (log better flow and boost values), but after a few miles and its learnt everything, it goes back to lower values again, strange.
18 g/s with the jetex but had it on for my old readings too.
I think it logs your driving style so if you are sat in traffic on the commute morning and evening, it does tend to go slightly slugish

i read the APY engines gain less of this mod because they dont have a wideband lamda. Do all APY's have no wideband? I have a very late apy, sept 2000.

Bill, if i have no wideband, can you tell me how my local tuner can adjust my map so it would benefit more from this mod. What do i need to tell him ;-)

well ive taken my boost controller off so it has dropped down to 220 g/s (bit worried im running lean without bigger injectors)
and it peaked at 238.3 g/s
need to get a mani sorted bigger injectors then i can finally go for my custom map....

I have some 440cc for sale dave?

i read the APY engines gain less of this mod because they dont have a wideband lamda. Do all APY's have no wideband? I have a very late apy, sept 2000.

Bill, if i have no wideband, can you tell me how my local tuner can adjust my map so it would benefit more from this mod. What do i need to tell him ;-)

you read wrong sir.
no difference to airflow gains.

check afr's under load on dyno with wideband.
use unisettings to dial in more fuel. if he's a tuner he should know how.

wellys needed 5% more, but his was running 270g/s airflow on the hybrid with hi-flow exhaust manifold also.. 332bhp @ the time