Engine Keeps Cutting Out :S

spliffey

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, Slight Problem....
Whilst Driving my engine seems to keep cutting out, it is ok whilst driving but everytime i stop, e.g. Traffic Lights, or a Junction, the revs just drop all the way to Zero.
The Car Starts Again Straight Away, but its starting to get annoying, anyone know what the problem could be? could it be the throttle body, or MAF?

Thanks In Advance

does it sometimes happen as you go to move off? and do you have a pulsing idle? like he says could be the maf or could be the throttle body needs a good clean out and resetting

Well, it doesnt seem to happen when the clutch is high, when it is flat down the revs will just hit zero sometimes, the cars idle seems to move below 1 quite alot, i was thinking it was the throttle body because of the idle revving up and down, how would the throttle body be reset??
Thanks

How to : Clean your throttle body - uk-mkivs

heres a quick guide on the whole procedure from the VW boys but the same applies with the 8L's. If you havent got access to vagcom the best way to reset the non cable TB is to turn the ignition on but do not start the car the for 5-10 mins this should reset it. If the idle is still high after you've done this don't worry it'll settle down after 20 mins or so of driving.