Car shakes/wobbles when stationery

Harrelson

Reaction score
1yr old 1.6TDI, 9000miles. When warm and stationery, in neutral i can feel the car wobble and shake. Only happens occasionally but happened at almost all traffic stops today. My passenger even commented that it shakes like a car of the 50's!

Used search and seen suggestions of dual mass flywheel, looms etc but that was on older 8L and the PDI engines.

Not sure if whether to ring Audi, Bristol. Are they gonna charge me? Its x-mas time and i would hate that. Car is still under warranty. Help me!

other details -'from DIS' oil change due in 10000miles and service 722days so well looked after and on schedule

If its under warranty mate, just take it to Audi and see what they say.

Will ring them up, hope its not effing wear n tear

Can't imagine it'd be wear and tear.. what's to wear and tear when idle on a 9k car?!

I place bets being on the flywheel.

Just give it back to the dealer and ask them to fix it. It won't cost you a bean !

But before you let them have it make sure they have a courtesy vehicle available for your use until it gets fixed.

Does it make noise? Has to be an engine/gearbox mount or flywheel really!

Last edited:
Sounds like the old flywheel issue on the 2.0TDI's

I had a fault on my 07 2.0TDI after just 23k miles, so it's not uncommon to have something wrong, even with a newish car

Take it to Audi and have them get it done under warranty

Thanks for the suggestions. Gave them a ring and booked for a check in 10 days

Hey, did you manage to get this issue fixed? Let me know as my Allroad has the same problem. Cheers!

Went out for a test drive and it didn't occur. So asked to wait for it to happen again and they will do a check on the engine

In my experience it keeps happening randomly but now almost always when the engine is warm and stopped in traffic facing uphill

sometimes it happens to me when i iddle and if my foot/ is on the brake or if my hand brake,,, i rarely feel it if braking is not involved

did this get fixed at all? I've got a 1.6 04 A3 and having the same problem. unfortunately i dont have warrenty so could be expensive

Got 04 2.0tdi and despite having the flywheel replaced nearly two years ago, the car has always had the vibration when idle and warm.
Guess it might be the loom in my case.

mine comes and goes. more apparent in hot weather but i never got it looked at. mentioned it to my dealer when it was going for a wheel bearing problem a while back and he gave me that look of "are you a f****** perfectionist, deal with it" so unless it becomes a major issue, ill live with it