Clank, Squeeeeeeek... a month after collecting...

calibos,

Yeah my boot floor rattled when driving over rough surfaces. Secured it now with velcro strips ( how it should come from factory ) and all is now well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Guys just reporting in.

Wow! finally had new the new shocks fitted yesterday, and the are so quiet! what a huge difference. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif Anyone else with this problem, just get your car booked in.

Well thanks to Audi its only taken 6 months to get to this result.

If it was not for this forum my dealers would of probably still fobed me off.
This forum is excellent, a wealth of information, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

Thanks All

True... worth it's weight in gold. It's only with the back-up of the other people here that I got my shocks changed (on the 3.2 Q it's not an automatic thing atm)... After a month of two of my new shocks, I'm sure they're not quite as quiet as they once were, but the knocking doesn't seem to be coming back anywhere near as bad /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is this problem still existing on new a3's??? Mine doesn't come until the end of March, will it have the crappy suspension??? It better not!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Hi guys,

It may be a stupid question but, do all cars before that chassis number 8P-4-162000 have the problem or not???
Im starting to hear things at the back at certain points but it still doesnt seem to be as bad as what was described here....

Forgot to mention before, another noise you might think is the rear suspension may be those plastic balls at the end of the cord for the parcel shelf. Mine were banging against the trim on the side of the boot!

Wilko,

In reading - the very impressive - list of extras your A3 will have, I see it includes "slide & tilt sunroof",

Is this the opensky system or just a single sunroof ?

I am planning on buying an A3 Sportback & would like a sunroof but don't really want the open sky system - or the bill that comes with it.

You can't buy a single sunroof ... can you ...?

Some are worse than others, mine was quite loud and annoying /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif and it depends on how sensitive you are as a person to squeaks and noises in the car, especially with the stereo off. I tested a new demo car on a 54 plate, that had the same problem as mine but only slightly and I could live with it, I think they get worse with mileage. My new ones are still silent at the moment, it makes the car feel more solid as you can`t hear them knocking /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. So the new modified shocks sorts the problem. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

I see....
So all of them have the problem but some are louder than others... I think I'll pay more attention from now on and when it gets to me (just a matter of time) I'll take it to the stealers... even though my guarantee ends in October... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/comeon.gif

Isnt it 2 years?? I got it in october 2003 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif