Jobs in the dark..........

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So tonight i changed both my clutch and brake switch in the dark, tbh was a piece off **** getting the lower dsah off and even the switchs, took less then 5 minutes, it was the re-installation of the lower dash that took the most time as i couldnt ****** see where to align it haha.

So got me wondering, what jobs have to had to do on your car in the dark :).

Most of them, as they always take way longer than I expect to! Did a full brake disk and pad change in a driveway a while back with the light of a mobile to guide me. Great fun, especially trying to find one of the wheel nuts after (the cat ran off with it the hairy begger)

Did my thermostat in the rain that was fairly easy with the right tools.

What's it like doing the thermostat? Need to do mine, and what tools do you need breezy?

What's it like doing the thermostat? Need to do mine, and what tools do you need breezy?

One of these bad boys will save you alot of hassel :

Halfords | Halfords Professional Universal Joint 1/4"

Add a few ratchet extensions to that a few zip ties, screw driver and something waterporrof like a carryer bag to cable tie around the dispstick tube and your sorted, one thing to note is that the dipstick tube might break mine didnt but others have said thiers did i bought a new one just incase and returned it great guide here for when you come to do just remeber to discconect the battery as you will be wroking right next to the alternator.

Guide :Thermostat replacement procedure..>> - AudiWorld Forums

I did a gear box change on a XR4x4 in the rain and dark. I started in the day with sun and ended late night and rain.

I hate it when a job runs over and you finish it off at night.
Bring on a garage with carpet, heating and lots of lights. lol

Pretty much all my stuff gets done in the dark mate to be fair.... :(

Lack of lighting facilities...

Installing my MBC N75 parallel last night for example.

Last edited: