Suspension Knocking

way318

Reaction score
Hi, I've been getting a knocking noise from the front driver side suspension when going over bumps and in and out of the drive. Now, I've not physically checked under the car yet, but been doin some searchin and it seems that the main culprits for this are the front lower arms and anti roll bar links.

Are these easy to change? Should I change the other side at the same time? How much would these parts cost?

Thanks

When they are not changed for a long time they seize so in many cases, you need to heat them up big time to get them off. But sure if you have a place to do it in, why not ?:)

The cars done 152K and as far as I know they have never been changed. I got some prices for the front lower arms which range from £48 to £56 each.

I also got a price (parts only) to replace the 2 Upper arms Frt & rear/ 2 Lower arms frt & rear and ARB drop links and this was around £140 per side.

Ye well its a dear business but once you change them to a set of new proper quality ones they will last for at least another 100k miles

When they are not changed for a long time they seize so in many cases, you need to heat them up big time to get them off. But sure if you have a place to do it in, why not ?:)
Dont heat suspension and steering components
it alters the strength of the material and can also lead to an MOT fail.

Dont heat suspension and steering components
it alters the strength of the material and can also lead to an MOT fail.

I didn't think it was a good idea and wasn't planning on.

im about to do my lower wish bones and anti roll bar links,

How much did you pay for the parts and who did you buy them from? Are you also replacing the old nuts for new one?