i feel sooo dam lucky....

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
basically, i was caught speeding the other night. this is what happened.

im still in shock now about it, and cannot believe what happened.

it was 10 to midnight, coming down my local dual carriageway and i THOUGHT, no-one was around, how wrong was i. i absolutely nailed it, if its clear and late, i tend to on that road just to see how my baby is runnin.
I wont say speeds or where. but when i got to the end of the road, i just slowly drove back home which is only a few turns off the carriageway. And the copper flashed and pulled me over 50yards from my door.
He sat me in his 5 series and asked for my details and whether it was my car etc, which he verified on his computer. He then said do you know the speed limit here?, and he said do you know how fast you were going. He then said what he calculated i was doing based on his speed to keep up with me and the distance travelled, i said no way.
He then showed me the video footage from his car. He had been going the opposite way and heard me go past, he u-turned and floored it to catch me, and backed off a little after he wasnt gaining any ground and i pulled off.
Then completely off topic he talked about my car, insurance, the fact they get stolen alot and i should be careful, then he asked 'is it fast?' seriously!! he asked what i did and allsorts, was a really nice fella, wasnt a 'typical' cop all hard faced and rammed up his own backside.
Then he dropped the bomb, whats going to happen to you, well, you will be disqaulified, no less than that. id expected it and just froze.
in the end, i didnt get banned, i wont say what happened but, i didnt get away with it completely, but i still have a clean license. based on the fact that he 'understood' to some extent why i did it, and recognised the fact i havnt ever been pulled before, or drove like a tw@t and wasnt a 'scrote', and i just went fast.

now i cannot believe it all happened. and i cannot say how appreciative i am.
moral of the story is, dont take speeding for granted just because you have a fast car, dont drive like a ****, save it for the track! IT ISNT WORTH IT!

overall i think its good this happened to me, its opened my eyes as to what can happen. and the decision the officer made i think, not just because it was great for me, was a good and reasonable one. He recognised what i was like, judged my character, weighed up where and how it happened and may lack of past records. i think its something every officer should adopt! And its because of this that im now given another chance and vow not to take the ****. i have driven like a saint the past two days! and i aim to keep it up, as it was too close for comfort. I have learnt my lesson, and its only through what the officer did for me, that i now have the upmost respect for him, and the speed limit.

hope you enjoyed my enlightening rebirth lol.

Sounds like you had a luckky escape although im sure the old pressure tactics played a large part in it as he wont have had any evidence of your exact speed just a video of him coming from the otherside, i was in a similar situation a few weeks back when i was picking my brother up from work it was 3am and i was doing about 45 in a 30 which i know is bad but the copper tried to claim i was doing over 70, by the time he had got from his camp spot to on the road i had seen him and slowed down not using the brakes obv but he said we were doing 70 and the distance between us was the same meaning i was doing 70, i blatently wasnt but he stood there arguing in the end was done for no tax disc as it fell down.