Why does'nt she want to go lower! :(

AaronMarsh

Reaction score
Hi guys, as discussed in a previous thread i have a slight problem with my a3 since ive had it it has allways sat slightly higher on the rear passenger side, now i thought it may have been due to a heavier side on the car/ drivers weight etc.. but last weekend i wound the coilovers all the way down to the lowest setting (120mm) and its still sitting to high for my liking! :( any ideas on why this might be? or how i can work a way around it.. Cheers heres the pics.....

Rear drivers side (exactly the height i want it :D Good times!)
SL371650-1.jpg

Rear Passenger side (clearly about 1 1/2 inches higher! :( Bad times)
SL371649.jpg

Please Help its really bugging me now! lol

How long have the coilovers been fitted mate? I'm guessing they're jamex from the silver shocks. My jamex coilovers took a good while to settle properly.

Oddly, both my a3's have been exactly like you're, on shocks and springs, or with the coilovers set equal, the rear left is always higher!

Wait for it to settle then adjust the drivers side up a bit

Have you checked if the frame is aligned properly? If a car was in a serious accident, the frame might be fecked... it would have to be one serious accident to do that though.

I have exactly the problem as you mate. One side is slightly higher than the other.

@ Dave: How come you need to cut the bump stop down?

yea cheers guys seems really odd.. Na they are JOM coilovers bud been fitted about 2 weeks now and i use the car everyday so would of thought they should have settled by now :S .. i used the original bump stops and cut about an inch off of them. The frame looks all good to me however may be worth HPI checking the car just for peace of mind as ive not yet checked it lol..