S3 Xenons

Blackcupraa

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Quick question, my drivers side headlight is pointing at the floor, after some reasearch I have learned that VagCom and the little white screw is my friend, however my little white screw has decided to fall off due to the steel shaft oxidising then expanding and breaking the screw :(

My query is this, until I am able to get a new headlight unit / adjustment unit, what do I need to disconnect so as I can manually adjust my headlight level? I understand that I will lose the self levelling until a proper fix is in place but I would rather be able to see where I am going when leaving work :)

Thanks a lot.

I might be wrong, but I suspect that you are looking at either dismantling the headlight and trying to glue back whatever has fallen off, or replacing the headlight completely.

The screw holds the light at a certain height, with the motors making fine adjustments as the front rises or falls to compensate. I doubt disconnecting the motor will help.

So there is no way to manually adjust the headlight level without Vagcom and the auto levelling feature being U/S??

Well, the manual adjust is basically the two white screws on either side of the light, but if yours has broken you might not be able to adjust it.